Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Current stars wearing their lids

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Most of thes Celebs don't look very good with or without a hat. I think their sense of style and fassion stink. I would never wear a cap backwards, or sideways. The only ones that look good are the girls. Most of the men look like freaks.

Canadave

One Too Many
Biltmore Bob said:
...Most of the men look like freaks.

I think these guys look pretty good...

Fisher%20Stevens.jpg
Mario%20Van%20Peebles.jpg
Matthew%20McConaughey.jpg
Ted%20Danson.jpg
TL.jpg

OK, Ted Danson's a bit iffy, but I like the casual vibe.

David

Danson looks like a used car salesman and the guy next to him looks like he has workers on the street---if you know what I mean. :p
The first guy can't even get his tie straight, the second looks like an undertaker and the third guy looks like something out of Saturday Night Fever.
Pretty good? Please! :p ;) :kick:

Regards to all,

J

Biltmore Bob said:
Thats kind of rough, J, don't you think? All I said is they were freaks.

Nope. I calls 'em as I sees 'em. I would never expect to see such human refuse running around from old Hollywood. They were always neat and proper looking for the camera. Their hair was combed, ties straight, hats properly put on and they were impeccably dressed. It is what was expected of them. This was all part of the Hollywood mystique.
The human offal that comes out of Hollywood never ceases to sicken me. The worst part of it is that our children are easily swayed by the popularity of these people and, at such an impressionable age, want to look like, act like and dress like these barbarians.
Old Hollywood might have been pigs in their private life but they, at least, kept up appearances for the public because they understood the influence they had on the culture. Today they deny being role models and even say they are not but they are whether they realize it or like it. Their roles and lives have fostered magazines where people read about their lives and reality TV follows them around slavishly.

Regards to all,

J

Marlowe

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
...I calls 'em as I sees 'em. I would never expect to see such human refuse running around from old Hollywood. They were always neat and proper looking for the camera. Their hair was combed, ties straight, hats properly put on and they were impeccably dressed. It is what was expected of them. This was all part of the Hollywood mystique.
...Old Hollywood might have been pigs in their private life but they, at least, kept up appearances for the public because they understood the influence they had on the culture.
Some of "old Hollywood" may or may not have surpassed "today's Hollywood" in moral rectitude or "breeding" or "class" or whatever you care to call it, but what "old Hollywood" had that "today's Hollywood" doesn't have is powerful studio public relations departments who own their stars' images and likenesses and were therefore extremely careful with their reputations and appearances. Public image was a large part of the language of the contracts the stars had with their respective studios. An actor's contract could be terminated for not protecting the studios' "property."

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I agree that golden era actors were more polished......and will that TL looks like a well dressed pimp, but his hat is my favorite of the bunch. It's because of the attitude he is giving that he looks low class.

I think the other guys good. I appreciate their effort to look classy in a culture that says the more you look like a bum the cooler you are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana