Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Aero 1930s Slim Fit Halfbelt in Russet Goat - Pictures!!!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Man that IS impressive. You'd barely know it was the same jacket!!! Thanks so VERY much for the update. The whole thread was/is a great read.

Worf

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah that jacket really got worn in beautifully!

I especially love all the small cross-creases. I dont have them anywhere near as pronounced on my goatjacket, hovever mine isnt worn as close to the body since it has alpaca.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Can you believe this is the same jacket?

IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG

Yes I can. Apart from a few wrinkles it looks pristine, no fades or wear, which is what you'd expect given it's goat. Nice jacket, were you unable to sell it?

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Why would I want to sell it? Every time I wear it I feel really good about it. :)

In fact, it looks newer than it would without the leather preserver. But it certainly doesn't look hardly worn. It doesn't have color loss like the Chromexcel, but it's developing some nice patina.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Looking good there Seb Lucas!

Aero russet goat = tremendously underrated hide.

I've seen it dismissed on here but I think it's one of those hides that really has to be seen a couple years in to appreciate. The consensus is that goat doesn't show patina but patina can take several forms. The hide may not develop in terms of color like for example brown horse but the grain comes out like no other hide. The russet goat you see on the Aero website has that quite uniform pebbled quality but my A2 looks like the surface of Mars - seriously, the parts where the hide flexes look like aerial shots of prehistoric streams.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Highwaymanman, I agree completely. At first I thought the leather looked a bit bland, but by now the grain gets better and better and really shows a lot of character. Whenever I wear it and see other people wearing crappy leathers I am happy about the incredible quality of my jacket. I am curious how it will look another couple years down the road.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Highwaymanman, I agree completely. At first I thought the leather looked a bit bland, but by now the grain gets better and better and really shows a lot of character. Whenever I wear it and see other people wearing crappy leathers I am happy about the incredible quality of my jacket. I am curious how it will look another couple years down the road.

Yeah, that grain really adds character. Good choice, and great jacket!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No 'pre-distressed' leather could ever have that built-up character. Rudie, it looked impressive right out of the box, but now that jacket is truly yours.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Nice photos, thanks for posting. Goat samples always felt bullet proof to me, never thought it could develop that much character. Good to see how goat can look after breaking in.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Goat gets an unnecessarily bad wrap, probably because much we see of it is the chrome tanned, less characterful stuff. When processed well it has always been one of the most durable, attractive leathers available.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Goat gets an unnecessarily bad wrap, probably because much we see of it is the chrome tanned, less characterful stuff. When processed well it has always been one of the most durable, attractive leathers available.

Couldn't agree more Seb. Goat is a wonderful hide and is often unduly shoved into the shadows of horsehide. A shame as it can be a very characterful leather and it's durability is almost unsurpassed.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Jacket looks great as ever!

Style-wise, I think I would like your look better if you hadn't tucked in that wool sweater (?) but hey, that's just me. On these pictures you look like you are 6'3" at least, so I doubt anyones gonna give you a hard time on your fashion taste :D

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Usually I wear it untucked with the waistband flipped up vintage style. Without that it would be too long to wear with a short jacket. I just tucked it in so Simon could get a better look at his SJC Brakeman jeans. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo