Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom cross zip Muholland style jacket, a 10 step guide…

Seank

A-List Customer
So how do you make the coolest leather jacket (the Freewheelers Muholland) even cooler?
Obviously…you make it into a cross zip version.

First- take a trip to a custom leather miracle worker wearing your Muholland and ask if he thinks he can take this look but help you design a cross zip version. Jump for joy when he says no problem. Come back to earth when he gives you the price…haha.

Second- find and order the tea core Shinki Hikaku leather and import it from Japan, this may take some time. Gasp at the price.

F81DC90F-AE62-4EE0-B312-142F0500FFFE.jpeg

Third- make a post of the Fedora Lounge asking where to source ball and chain loop zippers because custom leather miracle worker can’t get them. receive a lot of snarky comments and one good one. Contact a supplier in Japan as recommended in the post and have them custom made and shipped. Get somewhat nauseated at the price. Ha!
ED1B427C-FCFF-4002-A148-4E43CF20DD73.jpeg

Fourth- take a second trip to leather miracle worker and finalize style elements and measurements.

Five- wait. Patience is a virtue.

Six- receive email saying jacket is ready!!! Review photos.

37C8BB66-4751-4789-B809-7E64B6854D41.jpeg

Seven- review photos and change snaps to black rather than nickel to be closer to the cuff snaps on the Muholland

Eight- pay final invoice. Hide it from the wife.

Nine- receive shipping notification and wait anxiously.

Ten- receive your Custom Cross zip Muholland and post a thread on the Fedora Lounge to boost your ego and receive praise from people you’ll never meet in person that help you justify the time and expense!!

A851C1E3-0B3F-41AB-8CBC-E702E63238A7.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Amazing jacket! Now the question is, who is this mysterious custom maker?

I love the shape of the collar and how it sits kind of high.

Good call to swap those snaps, the black ones really look badass.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
So how do you make the coolest leather jacket (the Freewheelers Muholland) even cooler?

First- take a trip to a custom leather miracle worker wearing your Muholland and ask if he thinks he can take this look but help you design a cross zip version. Jump for joy when he says no problem. Come back to earth when he gives you the price…haha.

Second- find and order the tea core Shinki Hikaku leather and import it from Japan, this may take some time. Gasp at the price.

View attachment 438529
Third- make a post of the Fedora Lounge asking where to source ball and chain loop zippers because custom leather miracle worker can’t get them. receive a lot of snarky comments and one good one. Contact a supplier in Japan as recommended in the post and have them custom made and shipped. Get somewhat nauseated at the price. Ha!
View attachment 438530

Fourth- take a second trip to leather miracle worker and finalize style elements and measurements.

View attachment 438531

Seven- review photos and change snaps to black rather than nickel to be closer to the cuff snaps on the Muholland

Ten- receive your Custom Cross zip Muholland and post a thread on the Fedora Lounge to boost your ego and receive praise from people you’ll never meet in person that help you justify the time and expense!!

View attachment 438541
Wow! That looks great. The leather looks awesome as well. Congrats on reaching the final frontier :D

View attachment 438529
View attachment 438530

View attachment 438531

View attachment 438541

Damn that’s nice. I want one.

Jacket looks superb! I love the waist adjusters over laces or a belt. I’m surprised you received snarky comments about where to get ball and chain zips. They are exceedingly easy to make. I’ve got over a dozen I’d gladly have sent you to install on your own. I install these on every single jacket with a single chest pocket now.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Looks pretty cool. I appreciate you having a vision and going for it. The only minor gripe I have is the main zip looks a bit ... dunno ... cheapish? Probably looks better in person.

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
hahaha I do Number 8 all the time ..... Alll the time. Dude I am late to congrats but... Man does that shinki HH look good or what ? also the jacket is ...well perfect fit. Post a pic with some patina.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Very very nice! Hope we can see some nice outdoor photos of it soon (not going to happen in my area very soon).

Neat project and good to know such a one-off jacket could exist.

Seank

A-List Customer
I’ll see what I can do for you guys as far as update pics go…out of town for a few days and don’t have this jacket with me. I’ll try and update the thread sometime next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112