Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom made hats from Cappelleria Melegari

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
No, I didn’t. Under European law, and it is cited on every product’s page on their website, there is a non return clause for custom made items. They could’ve probably stretched it a bit, but I was reluctant to pay another €100 in shipping to and fro, besides the original shipping costs. So I simply removed the sweatband, which I have done before to a 1900s bowler I got at a fair, and it works. Technically, this method is not recommended as the sweatband really holds it all together and in time it may affect the overall shape of the hat. On the other hand, I’ve found out I sweat a lot less without it, as the leather clings to the skin and it barely breathes. Honestly, I would remove leather or faux from sweatbands entirely and stick to cotton, it’s a lot easier on the forehead.

Right, what I'm saying though is that you paid for a custom sized product that was sized inappropriately. Since the mistake is on the manufacturer, one would think that they would at least be amenable to re-installing a correctly sized sweatband. You wouldn't be returning the product for a refund, you'd be sending it back so that they could correct their error and ship it back out to you.

It's a moot point now considering the time passed and your disassembling of the hat. But, for example, when one of my customs wasn't fitting correctly, the the hatter that made it for me re-did the sweatband at no additional charge. But just for me personally, I would have even paid them the additional labor to install another, correctly sized, sweatband had they declined to fix their error on their dime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo