Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
With the winter coming along, I'm thinking of wearing some practical shoes. I have my saddle shoes, but I'm realizing more and more as I wear them that they're too small. Does anyone know any type of shoe that would be appropriate to wear with bobby socks?

You can never go wrong with classic flat oxfords or brogues! They are practical but (in my opinion) adorable, and look authentic for 30s, 40s, and even 50s looks.

The one good thing about having big feet (size 9, and I'm only 5' 3"...) is that I can wear men's shoes. My brogues are a men's 7, I think; they're a little big, but they were $13 at a vintage store and very well made. Here's a pic of them:

Last edited:

Amie

One of the Regulars
Oh they're gorgeous. You're so lucky. I've always wanted men's brogues or oxfords because they always stay the same, very classic whereas with women's shoes, they're always mutating the styles with the trends of the moment. There are some beautiful oxfords in J Crew, as well as by Cole Haan, and Frye where the styles don't look as mutated, but the prices are very high.

Drappa

One Too Many
I don't need any right now, but these are cute:
!B51WQRw!mk~$(KGrHqQOKiIEy(I,7K6MBMvJgVDM+Q~~0_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ladies-Clarks-Shoes-size-5-5-/250713429405?pt=Women_s_Shoes&hash=item3a5faf559d

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
These shoes by Sofft are on sale currently at 6pm.com for around $70 and are available in several colors. Still a little pricey, but well under the retail price.
1222090-p-2x.jpg

Amie

One of the Regulars
I'm in desperate need of some practical shoes and I'm really loving these by Jeffrey Campbell:
thing.25608061.l.jpg

Elpinoine

New in Town
Hi, I'm new here, and just starting to get into the vintage look. My feet are the biggest problems trying to find vintage for - I have wide feet with high insteps. In US shoes I'm between a C and D width if the shoe doesn't come up to high on my insteps, or if it ties up, and I need a bit wider in things like T-straps or that just come up higher on the foot. I've seen lots of cute shoes from a couple of European and English shops. I was curious as to what the standard shoe width was in other countries. I tried researching a bit online, but could only find men's equivalents. I'd just like to have a better idea before purchasing anything.

Thanks for any help! I've been loving the site so far and it's been so helpful.

zombi

A-List Customer
AdrianLvsRocky -- LOVE those brown T-strap flats, second down. I am pretty convinced that you gals in the UK have better shoe options. Seems like all my friends across the pond can find better brogues and so on than I can here! Maybe being in the Midwest doesn't help....

annet

One of the Regulars
AdrianLvsRocky -- LOVE those brown T-strap flats, second down. I am pretty convinced that you gals in the UK have better shoe options. Seems like all my friends across the pond can find better brogues and so on than I can here! Maybe being in the Midwest doesn't help....

we get a lot of those styles indeed, but there is some terrible quality around... most of those cheaper faux-leather brogues have no support at all, they are just like a plastic bag with a brogue print around your feet... it doesn't look too good. i stopped buying them and the better shoes are way out of my price range so in a way, we have the same problem :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy