Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Wow, I really can't compete with those birdcage shoes or that glamorous armoire, but I did spend $5 at Goodwill today, on these
71597_1197159306168_1744062716_381104_1952116_n.jpg

They are from Andre Assous, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have a 40's-50's feel to them?
67312_1197159466172_1744062716_381105_1763201_n.jpg

Ooh, great find! I thought they were ReMixes before I read your description, so yes-- very 40s!

crwritt

One Too Many
They definately have the fit and feel of Remix, I looked for this style on line, but haven't found them yet. I did find other Andre Assous with a similar sole, so they are modern. What makes me happy is that I can wear them with thick socks or tights while its still Indian summer. I can never sqweeze a sock into regular sandals without stretching them out of proportion.

crwritt

One Too Many
Here we go again, just when I'm cleaning out my humongus pile of shoes
66902_1198741025710_1744062716_382934_2567964_n.jpg
I find a pair of Rocket
Originals on Ebay
SL273963.jpg

I like Remix, these seem pretty similar, has anyone worn similar styles from both companies?I've tried on REmix Picasso in a 10, they were a tad big.
These are UK6, 10" in length, and the US 9 in Remix Gloria fits me fine, I guess we'll see!

Last edited:

crwritt

One Too Many
I haven't worn either brand, but I am a UK 6 normally, maybe a 5.5 in some brands and always a 7.5 or 8 in US sizes, so if you are a 9 they may be too small.

The Gal selling them wears US 8.5 and says they're too big for her, the website says they run generous in size.

annet

One of the Regulars
that first pair is AMAZING! i'm running to the clarks store right now, even though i'm sure they will only have sensible wedges ;)

edit: just as i thought... they don't have them anywhere in belgium. i did show them to my mother who was willing to get them for me... and they don't have them! thank god my boyfriend's brother works on the eurostar, i can ask him to get them when he's back in london :D

this might save some money too, it seems they ask around 120 euros (about 100 pounds) for this type of shoe here.

Last edited:

lynnequintana

New in Town
Cool! Those shoes are beautiful, hope they have my size though! Anyway, I'd love the 2nd one in black or red.. This will suit my dresses! Thanks for sharing! :)

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
I find a pair of Rocket Originals on Ebay
SL273963.jpg

I like Remix, these seem pretty similar, has anyone worn similar styles from both companies?I've tried on REmix Picasso in a 10, they were a tad big.
These are UK6, 10" in length, and the US 9 in Remix Gloria fits me fine, I guess we'll see!

I have these Rocket Originals shoes too (yes I have lots of shoes) They do come up big as they are quite wide, but extremely comfortable! I also have a pair of the wedgie Remix tooled leather sandals which are also very comfortable and come up pretty much true to size.

Amie

One of the Regulars
With the winter coming along, I'm thinking of wearing some practical shoes. I have my saddle shoes, but I'm realizing more and more as I wear them that they're too small. Does anyone know any type of shoe that would be appropriate to wear with bobby socks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner