Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Mojito

One Too Many
My "new" (old) Etienne Aigner Shoes -

EtienneAigner.jpg

Reminiscent of the tango shoes of the teens.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I always equated Etienne Aigner with the Preppy aesthetic of the 80's (those brownish handbags I recall with a shudder), which turned me off of that brand for good, but if they can create something that stunning than I was definitely being too hasty!

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I just bought these in black suede on clearance at the Aerosoles near my bf's house - $20! The toe opening is a little large to be strictly vintage, but the heel is great, and they are super comfy!

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Ooh, I foresee that "Shoes Of Prey" site becoming quite an addiction; good thing I'm broke lol What fun though!

I just ordered these two pairs of T.U.K shoes from Daddy O's:

M0000014074001.jpg

A7822__84163_zoom.jpg

My summer wardrobe seems to be a really incohesive mix of Edwardian cottons, 1920s and 30s gowns, and 1950s day dresses, so I am hoping these shoes will bridge all those vintages.

Last edited:

zombi

A-List Customer
I bought some Aris Allen shoes! I have been looking at them a while, and I usually have a lot of trepidation about buying shoes online because my feet are two different sizes & I can't try them on first. However, I decided to go for it and bought these:
http://www.dancestore.com/Aris-Allen-Black-1940s-Mary-Jane-Character-Shoe/productinfo/2089-BK/

The "1940s mary jane" shoe, just a black heel, really. They came today and I'm happy to say I chose my size correctly and they are REALLY comfortable! I know they're for dancing, but I plan to wear them for regular wear, so I may need to take to a cobbler and have them resoled? Or will it be fine, you think?

Either way I'm very happy. The heel is just the right height (I have trouble with heels that are too high) -- if it were any taller I'd have difficulty. I'll definitely look into buying more of their shoes if these hold up like I hope they will. I'm really pleased.

For the curious, I bought a size 8. Typically in heels I buy an 8.5 or sometimes a 9, some rare times I fit an 8. This time the 8 is perfect on my larger foot and only slightly too big on my smaller one, and I think I can correct it with a good insole.

crwritt

One Too Many
I bought some Aris Allen shoes! I have been looking at them a while, and I usually have a lot of trepidation about buying shoes online because my feet are two different sizes & I can't try them on first. However, I decided to go for it and bought these:
http://www.dancestore.com/Aris-Allen-Black-1940s-Mary-Jane-Character-Shoe/productinfo/2089-BK/

. They came today and I'm happy to say I chose my size correctly and they are REALLY comfortable! I know they're for dancing, but I plan to wear them for regular wear, so I may need to take to a cobbler and have them resoled? Or will it be fine, you think?

Either way I'm very happy. The heel is just the right height (I have trouble with heels that are too high) -- if it were any taller I'd have difficulty. I'll definitely look into buying more of their shoes if these hold up like I hope they will. I'm really pleased.

For the curious, I bought a size 8. Typically in heels I buy an 8.5 or sometimes a 9, some rare times I fit an 8. This time the 8 is perfect on my larger foot and only slightly too big on my smaller one, and I think I can correct it with a good insole.

If these shoes came with a suede sole, and you will use them for street wear, take them to a cobbler and have a thin rubber or composition sole put on. Suede will wear out very quickly if it gets wet and you wear it on the street.
You can wear them indoors in the meanwhile, but don't get caught walking on damp pavement in them until you get a durable sole added.

Last edited:

Romamor4

Familiar Face
...maybe someone can help me: I like this Aris Allen mesh oxford shoes ( http://www.dancestore.com/Aris-Allen-White-1940s-Mesh-Oxford/productinfo/2829-WH/ ), but I´m not sure which size to order. I didn´t get a reply from the dancestore so maybe one of you already bought already a pair of these? "Run true to size" is not very helpful, all I know is that I need shoes with a inner sole measurement of 10,5 inches or a little bit more? Would that be size 9 or 9,5? Thank you :)

Susan, I used to wear these very shoes religiously!! I absolutely adore them! They are true to size and are very helpful if you actually call their number. I buy shoes from them at least three times a year. Good luck! And enjoy because they are so comfy!!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
has anyone tried Rocket Originals? perhaps that's already been covered in this thread... I have read on a blog that they don't last very long, she had two pairs that both broke while dancing. Anyone with a pair - what's your opinion on the quality?
I'm rather keen on these for the summer..

SL274089.jpg

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
I posted these in the other thread but I guess it should be posted here. I just bought these shoes off of Ebay. The bottom one by Anthropologie has been sold out since last year so I lucked up!:

naturailizer.jpg

ringsend.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot