Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

crwritt

One Too Many
has anyone tried Rocket Originals? perhaps that's already been covered in this thread... I have read on a blog that they don't last very long, she had two pairs that both broke while dancing. Anyone with a pair - what's your opinion on the quality?
I'm rather keen on these for the summer..

SL274089.jpg

I bought a pair of these
SL273971.jpg
last fall just before it snowed, thinking Id wear
them in the spring, so I haven't worn them outside yet.
Compared to Remix
thumbnail.aspx

They are less expensive, the leather is a bit stiffer, they are lined with manmade material, (re mix has leather lining)and
the sole is manmade composition sole, rather than hard leather on the Remix .
Size 6 fits me like size 9 Re mix, the toe on the RO is a little narrower, with a smaller peep toe.

Did she say what part broke?

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
thanks crwritt! I think it was the strap that broke. I also read that the ROs are very small fitting, but I thought a UK 6 is normally a US 8, does the Remix shoes also fit small, otherwise that seems like the ROs fit a size bigger... aah I hate when you can't try shoes on in person! :eusa_doh:

crwritt

One Too Many
thanks crwritt! I think it was the strap that broke. I also read that the ROs are very small fitting, but I thought a UK 6 is normally a US 8, does the Remix shoes also fit small, otherwise that seems like the ROs fit a size bigger... aah I hate when you can't try shoes on in person! :eusa_doh:

I know shoe sizes can be tricky, it helps to get measurements. I wear 9 or 9.5 US normally, and the ReMix 9 fits fine, as does the UK6 in RO,I don't know what the usual size equivalent is. I was just lucky to find them on eBay, and I compared the measurements.

Those red ones are so cute! I can see why you're looking at them and thinking of summer.

maisie

Practically Family
has anyone tried Rocket Originals? perhaps that's already been covered in this thread... I have read on a blog that they don't last very long, she had two pairs that both broke while dancing. Anyone with a pair - what's your opinion on the quality?
I'm rather keen on these for the summer..

SL274089.jpg

I love these shoes! I'm thinking about getting them as they have my size in. However I'm interested in reading the blog that you mention could you pm me the link please :)?
I've had re-mixs, but find they are sometimes a bit wide, but the qualities great! I'm actually selling a pair at the moment if anyones interested, its the style with the slingback, peeptoe and removable bow, very good condition only worn a few times. Size US 10, about UK 7.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Rachel Antonoff for Bass

Rachel Antonoff's collaboration with Bass is too adorable to be true!

rachel-antonoff-bass-shoes-14.jpg

bass-loves-rachel-antonoff-spring-2011-collection-121110-15.jpg

Lots of saddle shoes, too <3

Bass-Heart-Rachel-Antonoff.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
Thanks so much for posting these. I have been looking for about a week to match a pair of shoes in this 1930's photo of actress Maureen O'Sullivan. I hadn't had any luck until I saw your post. These are just about identical. Thanks.

maureen-shoes-full.jpg
maureen-shoes.jpg

Wow, they are nearly the same! Happy to help.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
OK, I'm starting to feel a little annoying for posting so many shoes on here... but here I go, one last time lol :

For all you 1930s girls, take a look at these gorgeous all-leather (including soles! yum!) t-straps. They are made semi-custom to order and just $50.00, plus very authentic looking <3

il_fullxfull.211891234.jpg

Link here.

Tuesday_Next

Familiar Face
OK, I'm starting to feel a little annoying for posting so many shoes on here... but here I go, one last time lol :

For all you 1930s girls, take a look at these gorgeous all-leather (including soles! yum!) t-straps. They are made semi-custom to order and just $50.00, plus very authentic looking <3

Link here.

Oh, thanks so much for sharing! These are fabulous!

Isis

One of the Regulars
I'm truly pleased at the moment as I have found rubber boots that are reproductions from a model from 1939. Spiffy, yes?
5887-g.jpg

The brand is called Viking and I bought them from Brandos, a Swedish company

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Picked-up these cheap flats from H&M:

DXLA01_78563_44014_46_3069.jpg

coral

DXLA55_83022_44014_96_0165.jpg

orange, black + turquoise

DXLA55_81637_13060_51_0135.jpg

my first moccasins!

DXLA55_83049_09090_51_0143.jpg

black lace

All of them were $12 or 15, except for the last ones, they were $20.

flyfishark

Practically Family
Anyone help a fella out and tell me if you've ever heard of these makers or know how old they are? I appreciate it--I know nothing about women's shoes, but I loved the skins. Thanks so much for any help, and I'll owe you.

Shenanigans Dark Alligator
16a8cwj.jpg

Shenanigans Light Alligator
20itboo.jpg

Troylings by Seymour Troy snake skin peep-toes
s4rxg4.jpg

Mardi Gras Debs lizard
2rpzkw6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member