Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I´ve seen these shoes on someones blog yesterday and since then drool over the red office shoes. But we neither have office here in germany (as far as I know) nor do I have so much money for one pair of shoes. I wish some cheap shoeseller would copy them.

What I´m lookg for at the moment, possibly 2 years too late, are these Keds retro wedges:
FC1B59EC.jpg

Oh well...

I'd definitely keep an eye on Ebay for those Keds. There's a pair of the blue ones in that range on Ebay.co.uk at the moment, and I'm sure they'll pop up eventually! Good luck!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
I´ve seen these shoes on someones blog yesterday and since then drool over the red office shoes. But we neither have office here in germany (as far as I know) nor do I have so much money for one pair of shoes. I wish some cheap shoeseller would copy them.

What I´m lookg for at the moment, possibly 2 years too late, are these Keds retro wedges:
FC1B59EC.jpg

Oh well...

I have these shoes and went on the hunt this Spring for them in navy. Found a site that had "new" ones (a shock since Keds hasn't made them in 3-years), so I emailed and asked about them, and it turned out they were the "floor display" from the store, so I passed on them (too likely to be shabby or faded and the guy was selling them at nearly full price). They really are cute and the only Keds that seemed true-to-size, as opposed to a 1/2-size too big.

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
You ladies are lovely, thank you all :) I´ve been checking the european bays mainly, because I´m not willing to pay the high shipping costs (and maybe duty). I´ve seen the german ones and loved the prize, but the size? Who´s got such small feet? I´ll keep an eye on it, though.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I have these shoes and went on the hunt this Spring for them in navy. Found a site that had "new" ones (a shock since Keds hasn't made them in 3-years), so I emailed and asked about them, and it turned out they were the "floor display" from the store, so I passed on them (too likely to be shabby or faded and the guy was selling them at nearly full price). They really are cute and the only Keds that seemed true-to-size, as opposed to a 1/2-size too big.

I have the ones in navy, and I adore the look of them, but alas, never wear them as they're so narrow on my Creature From the Black Lagoon feet. Probably a mite high for me too.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I snaffled a pair in green on ebay this Summer, so keep searching Katinka!!!

I have to agree with Miss Bunny b, they are dreadfully narrow and not the most comfortable of wedges i have owned but they do look very cute indeed.

Miss Bunny b - Your creature from the black lagoon made me chuckle, if it's any consolation i have tootsies would make a yeti weep with envy, they're so wide and ungainly!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
I snaffled a pair in green on ebay this Summer, so keep searching Katinka!!!

I have to agree with Miss Bunny b, they are dreadfully narrow and not the most comfortable of wedges i have owned but they do look very cute indeed.

Miss Bunny b - Your creature from the black lagoon made me chuckle, if it's any consolation i have tootsies would make a yeti weep with envy, they're so wide and ungainly!

I find those cute Kedette wedges a tad uncomfortable on the back of my heel, so I put in those spongey things and it helps. When I bought them, the print on the tissue in the box was from an old Ked's ad, possibly late 1930's - mid 1940's, and all the Kedette shoes styles were just scrumptious. Wish they would produce more styles like that.

Regarding terrible tootsies, when I look at my feet I know that somewhere there is an antique claw-foot bathtub missing two of its feet.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I got an e-mail from ReMix that they have some new styles. Went to their website, and they have a bunch I'd not seen. Some are on sale for under $100! So very tempting!!!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I was in Marshall's today on my lunch hour and saw these on clearance for $7. So pretty! Sadly they were a 7-1/2 so too big for me:

2h5tb0g.jpg

I did buy these black patent Cole Haans, though:

2ykewat.jpg

Last edited:

Amie

One of the Regulars
anyone know anything about these Bass shoes called "Carla"? I wonder how the run; I've read reviews, but none are too specific about the fit. Maybe that means they're true to size.
107154859-260x260-0-0_bass+shoes+carla.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran