Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
And look at these beauties! Hush Puppy's in Schuh:

1152225820_main.jpg

Faith Rudd

New in Town
33386191_b1.jpg

I'm in love with these wedges I bought in the Office sale. They were only £20 and I think they look like, with a little extra height, you might find Carmen Miranda in them.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I think if you can see the stockings at all or if it messes up the color of your nail polish at all it's a no no. But I find panty hose really uncomfortable.

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
The Gods must have really been looking down on me. I won these pair of authentic Chanel Mary Janes that were inspired by one of their original 1930s designs for only 36 bucks. They were only worn on the runway according to the seller. I have received them and think I will wear them to the Christmas Party. Color me Happy! I am unable to copy and paste so I will just add the link to the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380389228721?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

rue

Here are mine in case you're wondering what the leather ones look like:

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

I don't know how well satin will hold up, but these leather ones have held up beautifully. Anyway, at 36 bucks, you can't go wrong and it's a lot better than what I paid way back when ;)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Those are lovely Rue. So classic. I bet if you broke down the cost per wear, they would work out rather reasonable anyway. I have a pair of Valentino nude courts, which were eye wateringly expensive back in the day, but have been going strong for about two decades nearly. Other shoes have come and gone over the years, so that's how i justify it to myself anyhow :D

Great find for 36 dollars DPD!

rue

Thank you Miss S (Happy Birthday again!!)

I agree. I've worn them so many times I think they were well worth it, but it still made me cringe at the time :eeek:

I'm a shoe-whore though... women's shoes... men's shoes (to look at) .... I love them all!

Last edited:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Thank you love.

Yeah i'm a shoe-whore too, handbags, take 'em or leave 'em, but shoes......mmmmmm!

Luckily being that i do sell vintage, i have an excuse to buy shoes i will never wear as they are too small or whatever and keep at home for a bit just to adore.

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I think if you can see the stockings at all or if it messes up the color of your nail polish at all it's a no no. But I find panty hose really uncomfortable.

See, I'm the opposite. I love for my stockings to show where the toes peep through, and to show my pedicure a little. But I have not worn pantyhose since I was 13, I wear stockings only, and if the shoes are open toe, I've only worn sheer toes or nets. My favorite is to wear black fence nets with peep toes, you just have to adjust the netting once you have them on so your toes don't poke through it. :)

Has anyone bought the Jitterbug from Plasticland, and can you tell us how they fit and feel?

P10630922.jpg

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran