Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Rosie

One Too Many
Wider VI Shoes

I can't find the big VI shoe thread, I'm lazy and my eyes burn (allergies).

For those ladies with a bit of a wider foot, Torrid has these:

510914_hi

and more! These are REALLY cute though.

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Indeed, head to Kohl's if you're in the area-- I got these cuties from the bargain shelf for only $8! :D They're Candies Vintage, and they were the only ones left, and happened to be my size! Yay!!!

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
I love everything she makes, but for the moment I'm torn between this one ..

6900-467667-p.jpg

and this one ..

3279-424109-p.jpg

When I'm spending this much I prefer to try them on, but I can't find these in my size within 500 miles lol

Her widths seem average, not too narrow?

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
The 1st are for a solid black outfit with just Turquoise jewelry as accent, my version of a Frida look ..

The 2nd are for Slate grey pencil skirt and sweater combo.

But I can only allow myself one pair at the moment.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow I love those both! Fab! Are they versatile enough to justify the cost though? Or does that not matter? lol Anyway I don't know. You might try a few Betsy pairs on in a store, even if it isn't *the* pair you can get a better idea.

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
Argh! I wasn't going to impulse shop but there was only one pair left in a 9 1/2 Black (went a 1/2 size up), so I bought the 1st pair! Out of the 2, I would definitely get more wear from those .. Got a good price on them at Amazon, of all places!

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
i just bought the most amazing shoes. i'm not one for anything more than a kitten heel, and i had always looked for something perfect that i could try on rather than buy off the net. low and behold while walking back through town from work i saw these little lovlies... i spent about 20 minutes deciding whether to get black or brown.

DSC00487.jpg

they are so comfy and look awesome with my stockings.
and also fairly inexpensive at £40.
they're from clarks shoes. i'm not sure if they have any shops other than england. maybe online.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
These arrived today! I ordered a 1/2 size up and it is an absolutely perfect fit! The only thing I don't like is the stiffness of the satin cord on the ankle tie, I may switch that out to a satin ribbon (the body of the shoe is satin). If any of you are considering a Betsey Johnson shoe and you have a smidge wider than average foot, like I do .. don't fear ordering a pair without trying them on, you'll be happy.

Thora Zine said:

phyllis1753

New in Town
Leah, where did you get your oxfords? I've been looking for a style like that for years to fit my big feet and I'd pretty much given up the search. :( Please, oh please, don't tell me they don't make them any more :rage: lol

Cheers

Lovely Leah

Familiar Face
Finding Oxfords

phyllis1753 said:
Leah, where did you get your oxfords? I've been looking for a style like that for years to fit my big feet and I'd pretty much given up the search. :( Please, oh please, don't tell me they don't make them any more :rage: lol

Cheers

Phyllis,
:eek:fftopic:
The oxfords in my avatar were made by Red Cross Shoes. The only company making these kinds of oxfords today is P.W, Minor. They make a shoe called the Trinket. They are incredible comfortably and supportive. They are not cheap, my last pair cost a little less than $200.00. :( The good news for hard to fit gals is they have an incredible range of width and sizes. The bad new is they come in only black. It seems that these shoemaker believe that the disabled woman doesn't have a sense of stylr.

I got my last pair and all my shoes from an orthopedic shoe store that went out of business about two years ago. The owner took great care of his customers. As more and more shoe companies discontinued this style of shoe, he would special order some for me. He was able to get me some styles in colors such as brown, saddle and white. I still have six pairs. He even got me a pair of red ones, the closest I ever came to wearing sexy shoes :)

Until I joined the Powder Room, I had no idea my usual style of footwear was a vintage fashion statement. In LizzieMaine's reply to my post, she wrote that some oxfords in the thirties and forties had a peep toe design. I would love to be able to have a pair or two.

Phyllis, good luck in your quest to find some oxfords. If you do, please let me know where you got them.

Leah

phyllis1753

New in Town
Thank you, Leah (and I don't think your reply is OT). Red Cross:eusa_doh: I should have known. P.W. Minor. Well, that's a start. I want a pair in black so that's no problem. $200? I could eat soup and bologna sandwiches for a while lol
I hope you find stylish shoes to wear someday. I've always wanted to go for the Eleanor Roosevelt look, myself. :eek:fftopic: There's a new biography out about FDR. I'm reading it now. Highly recommended:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Lovely Leah

Familiar Face
Vintage-y Oxford

phyllis1753 said:
Thank you, Leah (and I don't think your reply is OT). Red Cross:eusa_doh: I should have known. P.W. Minor. Well, that's a start. I want a pair in black so that's no problem. $200? I could eat soup and bologna sandwiches for a while lol
I hope you find stylish shoes to wear someday. I've always wanted to go for the Eleanor Roosevelt look, myself. :eek:fftopic: There's a new biography out about FDR. I'm reading it now. Highly recommended:eusa_clap

Cheers!
Phyllis:

I found a picture of the Trinket on the P.W. Minor site. Maybe Eleanor Roosevelt would go for them. I don't think Mrs. FDR had to eat soup and bologna to afford her shoes. :) I am not sure this is what you are looking for. I do hope it works for you.

BTW I am a great admirer of FDR because of his ability to overcome his disability and become one our greatest presidents.

http://www.pwminor.com/Image.aspx?src=/Data/pcProducts/lg_Trinket.jpg

phyllis1753

New in Town
Thanks, again, Leah. I guess we were off topic after all. OK. Now we're over ..."here". I checked the PW Minor site the other day. Trinket might do. Of course, I was kidding about eating soup and sandwiches. lol Mrs. Roosevelt could have just to make a point about making sacrifices. :eek:fftopic: Apparently she made herself look a bit foolish during WW I by describing the sacrifices she was making with "only" ten servants. This was reported in the papers. FDR (then Assistant Secretary of the Navy) was not amused. Young Eleanor had some things to learn about public relations!

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran