Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really like those Sears shoes. They have a really nice shape to them and a nice heel, and they look quite comfortable. Thanks for posting the link! How do they fit? Are they true to size? Are they comfortable?

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
I really like those Sears shoes. They have a really nice shape to them and a nice heel, and they look quite comfortable. Thanks for posting the link! How do they fit? Are they true to size? Are they comfortable?

I have those. As a matter of fact, I wore them yesterday.

I found them to be very true to size. They do, however, have virtually no padding. I find that they become uncomfortable after an hour or two of wearing. It might not be that way for everyone though. I have toes that point in severely, and always have, meaning that I am predisposed to bunion problems, and virtually all heels cause me pain eventually.

I'd say going up in size and adding cushions would be a good idea.
I also would recommend getting them on sale. I don't think that they are worth $40. I'd rate their quality around Payless level, which is fine, but not $40 worth of fine! lol

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Well...

Remember these?

va840n81qm4.jpg

They finally arrived!

I love them! Worth the wait and the stress (I thought the PO had lost them and I swore I'd never order from America again, I was so crushed!)

Daisy Buchanan

Joie DeVive said:
I have those. As a matter of fact, I wore them yesterday.

I found them to be very true to size. They do, however, have virtually no padding. I find that they become uncomfortable after an hour or two of wearing. It might not be that way for everyone though. I have toes that point in severely, and always have, meaning that I am predisposed to bunion problems, and virtually all heels cause me pain eventually.

I'd say going up in size and adding cushions would be a good idea.
I also would recommend getting them on sale. I don't think that they are worth $40. I'd rate their quality around Payless level, which is fine, but not $40 worth of fine! lol

Thanks for the advice Joie. Given my serious joint/feet problems these shoes might not be good for me. The most comfortable Naturalizer heels will give me lower body pain:(

Fleur, I'm glad your shoes finally arrived!! They are so cute, and I hear from a few others that have that pair that they are very comfortable. Did you get the velvet or the leather? I like them both so very much. I ended up not getting them because I was concerned the heel would be too high for me, even though Naturalizer shoes are very comfortable. Let us know how you like them:)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
51246X37F4L._SS384_.jpg

The husband bought me these in Target yesterday. He LOVES them. They look good with my rolled-up pedal pusher jeans. I have a husband who likes shopping for my shoes more than I do!! :)

Amelie

A-List Customer
Amy Jeanne said:
51246X37F4L._SS384_.jpg

The husband bought me these in Target yesterday. He LOVES them. They look good with my rolled-up pedal pusher jeans. I have a husband who likes shopping for my shoes more than I do!! :)
you have the greatest husband! :eek:

can we borrow him? :D

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer

BegintheBeguine

Ooh! Two guys on one page who love girls' shoes! Cute! The shoes are cute, too. (Ordered 4 more pair from Endless.com. It would be rude not to, what with them paying me $5 a pair for overnight shipping! Seems like I got the last one in each style. Will post pics when they arrive.)

Daisy Buchanan

Miss Neecerie said:
Here is another source for some really cute shoes...Thanks to an anonymous male FL'r who didn't want to poke his head in, but wanted to share shoes.

http://www.piperlime.com/browse/category.do?cid=34977

pl514262-00p01v01.jpg

I MUST HAVE THESE!!! OH MY!! These are the cutest little shoes I think I've ever seen. I only hope I can walk in them:)
Do you think they'll ever go on sale. Even I have my limits, $380 is a bit much! I noticed these are put out by Gap, Inc.. Why are they so darn expensive:(
EDIT: I think I want just about all the shoes on this link!! So cute, I'm gonna go broke:eek: but thanks for the link Ms. Neecerie and anonymous Fedora Lounge male member:D

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
Golly, I'm sure she's learning a bunch. Make sure you tell us her name, so if I ever need a lawyer I won't call her!:eek:

Welcome to law school. You'd be amazed at the amount of shopping that goes on in class. And computer-game-playing.

Daisy Buchanan

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Welcome to law school. You'd be amazed at the amount of shopping that goes on in class. And computer-game-playing.

That's so strange! How do people make it through? Do they just read everything outside of class, record classes??
I know dental hygiene school is totally different than law school. But in the three years I was there, if ever I missed one class in any subject, I felt like I was lost. I tried my hardest never to miss labs or clinics. I guess I learn better in lectures than I do from reading materials...[huh]

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
That's so strange! How do people make it through? Do they just read everything outside of class, record classes??
I know dental hygiene school is totally different than law school. But in the three years I was there, if ever I missed one class in any subject, I felt like I was lost. I tried my hardest never to miss labs or clinics. I guess I learn better in lectures than I do from reading materials...[huh]

I think they pay attention about half the time, and when something is important they "zone in" and switch over to their word document. Since all grades are based on one final at the end of the semester, I think people don't worry too much. Personally I think it puts them at a disadvantage, since their notes will be full of holes. But, so much the better for me!

Foofoogal

Banned
Kohls

Just got back from Kohls Department Store. If anyone has one around you they had a bunch of vintage looking shoes on clearance. Surprised me really.

Foofoogal

Banned
They just built the Kohls near me. I am addicted like drugs and they know how to keep you coming back with these 15% off coupons.
I find all of their stuff quality and reasonable.
I wish I could find the black polka dotted shoes online at Kohls but the Daisy Fuentes shoes also have alot of vintage inspired ones IMHO. Way too high and young for me though.
I think we vintage clothing dealers may have our work cut out for us when all the department stores this season seem to have figured out vintage is big. Wedges are everywhere. :) I would think mixing and matching the new and old would be fine though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk