Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RedHotRidinHood said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh I want these so bad. But they only have them in white, darn it!!

http://www.modcloth.com/store/Modcloth/Womens/Shoes/The+Lois+Lane+Heels

Oh Red I feel your pain! Those are so darn cute. Why white??? Why, why why?? Such a silly thing to sell white shoes this time of year. But, with the weather where you live, you can still wear white after Labor Day. Here in the northeast that's a major fashion no no[huh]

I just got these shoes. I wish that they made them in other colors. They are made by a brand called "Miss Me". I'm gonna do some searching to see if I can find them in another color from another store. I let you know if I do. But, in the mean time if you are interested I got them at a store called Plasticland

They are so incredibly comfortable. The padding in them is like a little pillow on the soles of my feet. They were a little tight, but after wearing them for just a few hours they stretched out quite nicely and now are my most comfortable shoes. I found them at this cute online shop Plasticland. I also got some very pretty retro inspired blouses and a pretty slip dress, and the prices are quite reasonable. They are juniors sizes, so for us "more mature" ladies I'd recommend going up a size from your regular size. The shoes run true to size, but the clothes are a bit smaller, especially in the bust!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
I just got these shoes. I wish that they made them in other colors. They are made by a brand called "Miss Me". I'm gonna do some searching to see if I can find them in another color from another store. I let you know if I do. But, in the mean time if you are interested I got them at a store called Plasticland

Cute shoes Daisy! I love that site--I've currently got the wants for this brooch; http://www.shopplasticland.com/stor...duct_Code=P70830508&Category_Code=Accessories

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
I saw these "leather look" bronze shoes at Newport News. Still, they'd be cute with a vintage formal or the right suit and the price is right (under $30 if memory serves).

41VD089JAHL__SS500_.jpg

Oooh, these are cute!! I wish I had a practical purpose for them!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That brooch is beautiful Imoldfashioned!!

I actually found out that even though the brand of the shoes I got is called "miss me", they are actually made by a company called "natural comfort" which is probably why I think they are the most comfortable shoes I ever owned.
I did a search on both brands and the natural comfort brand came up. I'm glad to say that I got a great deal through Plasticland. I found the exact same shoes on Zappos, just under the Natural Comfort brand name and they are more than double the price!! They have a lot of really great retro inspired wedges. I'm gonna do some more searching under the Natural Comfort brand name to see if I can find them for a better price. I really would love to get them in black but it seems pointless to pay twice as much for a pair of shoes that I just got for half the price[huh] But, they are so very comfortable I know that I'll get a lot of use out of them since it's so rare that I find a pair of shoes that don't actually cause me pain and that I can wear for more than a few hours...

Daisy Buchanan said:
Oh Red I feel your pain! Those are so darn cute. Why white??? Why, why why?? Such a silly thing to sell white shoes this time of year. But, with the weather where you live, you can still wear white after Labor Day. Here in the northeast that's a major fashion no no[huh]

They are so incredibly comfortable. The padding in them is like a little pillow on the soles of my feet. They were a little tight, but after wearing them for just a few hours they stretched out quite nicely and now are my most comfortable shoes. I found them at this cute online shop Plasticland. I also got some very pretty retro inspired blouses and a pretty slip dress, and the prices are quite reasonable. They are juniors sizes, so for us "more mature" ladies I'd recommend going up a size from your regular size. The shoes run true to size, but the clothes are a bit smaller, especially in the bust!
Thanks for the tip on the shoes Daisy. I ordered them and got a cute bangle plus free shipping!

Moodle

New in Town
Miss Sis said:
Don't know if you can buy Clarks in the US but I just got these for everyday wear:

clarksshoe.jpg

They are very similar shape to an original pair of 30s courts I just bought. The best thing is they do half sizes as I am a UK6 1/2.

Miss Sis, you are a goddess!--I've been looking for that exact sort of shoe. That shoe is perfect. Now all I have to do is rob a bank/sell a kidney/find me a sugar daddy with a loose rein on his credit cards...

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Chadwicks has some somewhat vintage-looking shoes & you can use the code: CHLETTER4 and take 40% off any 1 item not on clearance. If you buy more than one thing it will be off the most expensive item.

EDIT: THe code came in an email & it expires on the 28th.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Miss Sis said:
Don't know if you can buy Clarks in the US but I just got these for everyday wear:

clarksshoe.jpg

They are very similar shape to an original pair of 30s courts I just bought. The best thing is they do half sizes as I am a UK6 1/2.

They are gorgeous. I tried them on when they were in the sale a few months ago but bought a slightly different pair instead (lighter brown but same heel design, I posted a pic a while back.) Clarks shows are really comfortable too. I'm tempted by the black version of yours now!

texasgirl

One Too Many
texasgirl said:
I just ordered these new ones from shoes.com. They are Clarks England, which I've never worn before so I hope they are comfy. I'll let ya'll know when I get them.

shoes_iaec1048339.jpg

Just to let ya'll know- I ordered these in the 6 (what I usually wear) and they were too big. My heel kept slipping out, which I do have this problem sometimes as I have a narrow heel compared to front. Anyway, I orderd the 5 1/2 and it too kept slipping on the back, but then the front was too tight! So I sent them back- they are just too expensive to not fit perfect. And then the next day I was at Goodwill and I found the perfect shoes I needed for $4.95! How lucky was that!!! They are Enzo and sooo comfy!

I really need to stop ordering shoes on the internet- they never fit and I always have to send them back. But don't dispair- I will still post cute shoes lol

Here are my five buck shoes!
MasonCity-2007004-1.jpg

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
LizzieMaine said:
I wore the black pair to work today at the movie theatre, and an older lady made a point of admiring them -- "I had a pair JUST LIKE THOSE once!" When she noticed I was also wearing seamed stockings, she had to bring her friends over and point me out to them -- "just LOOK at this girl!"

Couple weeks ago, another lady in a checkout line offered to buy the bone pair right off my feet. Offered me $25, on the spot. If she'd bumped it up to fifty, I might have considered....

Where did you get your seamed stockings? I've been looking for some for ages but can't find the proper pair.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
Since it's well-near impossible for me to find vintage shoes that (1) comfortably fit my big bog-stomping 9 1/2 B feet or (2) won't bankrupt me, I'm always on the lookout for The Vintage Look -- especially when it comes to good 30s-40s looking daytime shoes I can wear every day.

So I was *wicked happy* to find these --

http://www.shoetrader.com/pagebuilder/Item?item=46713&CATEGORY=TICTACTOES

I have two pairs in this style -- one in bone and now, as of today, (yay!) one in black, and am totally in love with them. The heel is just the right height for comfortable walking, working, doing stuff around town, etc etc etc, and I really like that the overall shape of the shoe is totally period -- something very hard to find in "modern takes on vintage style."

The only drawback I've noticed is that, like vintage shoes, the insoles are not padded -- so if you're on your feet a lot, which I am, comfort inserts are a big help.

Same manufacturer has this style --

http://www.shoetrader.com/pagebuilder/Item?item=46609&CATEGORY=TICTACTOES

I have these in brown suede, and have a pair in smooth black on order. I'd like very much to have both these styles in smooth brown, cordovan, or russet, but alas, they aren't offered in any of those shades. Pity.

Fit in both styles was precisely true to size, which is often an issue for me. I found that shipping was rather slowish, compared to some online merchants, but they were definitely worth the wait!

OK, Lizzie, its been over a year, did the shoes wear well? How is the toe room in these? I had my feet professionally measured recently and learned that one foot is almost a whole size larger than other one! I thought I just had wide feet. They told me to compromise with the size in between and choose good leather shoes that allow toe room and will give some. I've got narrow heels, so I'm wondering how they'll fit me.
They look super cute and several colors to choose from.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
BonnieJean said:
OK, Lizzie, its been over a year, did the shoes wear well? How is the toe room in these? I had my feet professionally measured recently and learned that one foot is almost a whole size larger than other one! I thought I just had wide feet. They told me to compromise with the size in between and choose good leather shoes that allow toe room and will give some. I've got narrow heels, so I'm wondering how they'll fit me.
They look super cute and several colors to choose from.

They've worn quite well, actually. I put a *lot* of mileage on them, and other than the heels being worn down, and a bit of scuffing around the toes, they've proven quite durable. There was an incident with the brown suede pair though -- one night I was climbing up onto the metal stepladder I use while threading the projectors and slipped, and pulled the entire heel right off one of them. I was able to fix it, though, with a hammer and a bit of epoxy glue, so it wasn't too huge a crisis.

The toes are a bit on the narrow side --my feet have spread a bit, and are now closer to an actual "C" width than a B, but they only come in "M", which is actually B width, so I got a half-size larger than my official size and that helped a lot.

I put a lot more wear on an average pair of shoes than most people, I would suspect, so I wouldn't hesitate in recommending these shoes still. Plus, of course, they look as nifty as ever!

Classicstyle: I usually get my stockings from Magnolia Hosiery -- can't post the link here due to some risque photos on the site, but it's easy to find on google. Sometimes I also get lucky on eBay, but it's kind of a hit or miss there. There are plenty of threads here in the PR in which we discuss stocking sources, so search around a bit, and you'll find lots of info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn