Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Fleur De Guerre said:
You can get some Doc Martens that look exactly like that.

dm_maryjaneblack_m_01.jpg
Yeah I saw those before but they are a bit chunky. But then i;ve only seen 'em on the net so maybe I look for them in a shop and see what they're like on.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
I don't know how authentically vintage looking these are, but I love them. When the price goes down (currently $428 CDN!) i am going to snatch them up.
04139_033_3.jpg

by chie mihara

Oooh, drool! Is it her fall collection? I'm going to look for them over here, they are cheaper in Europe. Footlux has them in black for 251 EUR, but the brown ones are much more beautiful. I think they are quite 30's except for the heel.

The fall collection is just going to DRAIN my wallet:

SACO-SIDE.jpg

SACO-FRONTY1.jpg

SNAP-FRONT.jpg

SNAP-SIDE.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Oh man, some of those models aren't even available over here! :( I haven't even seen those sandals, even though I've been keeping sharp watch over Chie Mihara shoes. Here is an example of another model only available on the other side of the Atlantic:

2.jpg

sixsexsix

Practically Family
look online? i know gravitypope usually has a good selection. i also watch ebay religiously for cheap deals. her shoes are amazing

Laura Chase

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
look online? i know gravitypope usually has a good selection. i also watch ebay religiously for cheap deals. her shoes are amazing

They are too expensive in the US, usually around 400 + I'd have to pay extra 30% to that because of customs. Over here, they are around 350.

I rarely, if ever, see the more interesting models on ebay, it's a shame.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
for me, spending the extra is worth it. not saying all cheap shoes are, umm, cheap, but i spend a lot on a pair of well made shoes and they're going to last me longer. example: almost every year for the past 5 years I have bought a pair of Steve Madden flats to wear as my go to summer shoe. I wear them all the time, unless going out at night (I ride my bike to work so wearing heels is out of the question). By late August the shoes are always worn out and garbage worthy. Last year I forked out extra and got a pair of marc jacobs flats, and they lasted me all last summer and this summer as well. They show no usual signs of wear, and I bet I will be able to wear them next summer as well. 3 pairs of shoes over 3 summers is more expensive than 1 pricey pair of shoes over 3 summers.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
oh it's definately a lot of money! there's no question about it. it's just my indulgence. some people go to the spa, some people go on vacation, i buy shoes ;)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
I agree with that -principle-...

I guess I must just make a really crap salary...because 500 + for a pair of shoes......sorry....thats at -least- weeks wages...and then I couldnt eat or drive to work....

I totally am following you here, I can only afford one pair of Chie Mihara shoes a year. And I try to snatch them on sale, as I'm sure sixsexsix does too. On sale I can get them for around $150-200.

But they really are wonderful quality shoes, and very comfortable, so for me they are worth it. I have 4 pairs and they are just my favorites.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
oh please don't think I was questioning the purchases.....just saying wow....cannot -fathom- spending that much on shoes. My idea of buying a -quality- shoe is say a naturalizer or a aerosoles....Say $40-60 dollars...

and I make those last multiple years...

D...the unfashionable

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
oh please don't think I was questioning the purchases.....just saying wow....cannot -fathom- spending that much on shoes. My idea of buying a -quality- shoe is say a naturalizer or a aerosoles....Say $40-60 dollars...

and I make those last multiple years...

D...the unfashionable

Nooooo! You're just sensible! :) I really can't afford them either. lol

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
ShrinkingViolet said:
ShoreroadLady, I got them from a Danish website but several German websites stock them as well (it's an Austrian brand). I couldn't find them on the think! website either! I saw them in a lovely brownish burgundy colour on www.schuhpaket.com , they would probably be willing to ship outside the EU.
I really need a pair of "sensible" yet dressy shoes and I think these are perfect! :)

Thank you! Rats, though - they're pretty expensive, especially with the exchange rate. :( I shall gaze upon them from afar. I'm with Miss Neecerie - $50 is my idea of an expensive shoe! I'd like to be able to afford better quality, but it's not really feasible right now. *sigh*

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Chie Mihara yr killing me

8050_0_2_700.jpg

These are available in ruby red as well :eek:

As for the price of shoes, I think you need to keep in mind that consumer goods are generally cheaper in the US, the land of consumption. I'm often amazed how cheap electronic stuff, clothes and shoes, makeup and skincare etc. is, even with the exchange rate taken into consideration ... so consequentially the prices of European shoes will seem monstrous in comparison, right? I'm just making a rough assumption, please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner