Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Oooh yes, those are killing me too, Anna! I think the purple ones are much nicer than the red ones, though, especially because the heel of the purple ones is covered in suede too and I prefer that.

There are sooooo many lovelies in the Fall 08 collection, I made a little shrine for them on my Flickr.

I tried some on yesterday, these:

04139_033_3.jpg

And they were so perfect when on! But at 1899 DKK, I just couldn't afford them. But I'm constantly whining to my boyfriend about it so we'll see what happens... ;)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
AllaboutEve said:
OMG what have you ladies done to me?????lol I've never seen these shoes before and now I discover that they are in at a little boutique that I walk past on the way to work, which is also near to my fav vintage shop. Bread and water for me for the rest of my natural life I think.

Well that's it,.... that's my christmas present sorted: http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/44494-chie-mihara-serena

Yes, Chie Mihara is a very dangerous addiction to get into. ;) But congratulations, you have just discovered the most comfortable high heels in the world!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
I'm going to try some on next week, I can't afford them I just want to torment myself!;)

On a less expensive note I picked these up from M&S a few weeks back, they are a very deep mulberry/purple and they go with my Bettie Page dress perfectly Yay! £19.50 Bit of a rubbish pic.

DSCF1607-1.jpg

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Heh, I just got a small tax refund ... enough to buy me one Chie Mihara shoe! I wouldn't know what to wear on the other foot, though. :p

More Chie cuteness:
pl621793-00drvliv01.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
ShrinkingViolet said:

I honestly don't know how much more of this I can take..........I'm starting to feel slightly faint and sick, classic shoe fever, I think I'll call a doctor.

I just spent a fortune on hats this week so I must resist.......help me!!!!lol

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:

I love this purple suede, I have some Chie oxfords from the Fall 07 collection that are of the same material and they are drop dead gorgeous, nicest suede ever.

Miss Bella, I can't say about the sizes compared to US sizes since I don't know US sizes, but I think her shoes are true to size for me, I need a european 39,5 and with other brands I always need either size 39 or 40. On her site it says that 39 = 9 and 10 = 40. The only US size shoes I have are a size 10. If that explains anything at all. :)

Isn't this color just yummy?:

FUSIL-FRONT(5).jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A gal came to the theatre last night wearing these --

6900-78463-d.jpg

-- and it was all I could do not to knock her down with a film can and take them away from her. They're "Capezio Femme," sold as tap shoes, but the taps are sold seperately. They have good, solid leather soles that are fine for street wear, and though they don't try to be, they are in fact a very close replication of a typical late-'30s daytime shoe.

Out of my price range at the moment, at $139, and they don't have my size in stock at the moment anyway, but they are *exactly* the kind of shoe I've been looking for.

Inky

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:

6900-78463-d.jpg

Have you seen some of the Aris Allen dance shoes? They are very suitable for street wear. I have the off-white mesh oxfords and the black suede rugcutters for dancing and it is all I can do to keep myself from wearing them on the street!

They are comfy, well-made, and affordable.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Inky said:
Have you seen some of the Aris Allen dance shoes? They are very suitable for street wear. I have the off-white mesh oxfords and the black suede rugcutters for dancing and it is all I can do to keep myself from wearing them on the street!

They are comfy, well-made, and affordable.

I've looked at those -- longingly -- before, but I've always been worried about wearing suede soles on the street. I usually wear rubbers when it's raining, so I'm not so much worried about them getting wet as I am just the day to day durability grinding against concrete. Anyone have any experience with that?

Velvet shoes. My oh my.

Inky

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
I've looked at those -- longingly -- before, but I've always been worried about wearing suede soles on the street. I usually wear rubbers when it's raining, so I'm not so much worried about them getting wet as I am just the day to day durability grinding against concrete. Anyone have any experience with that?

Velvet shoes. My oh my.

It does rain much more where you are than where I am, unfortunately! I honestly haven't had mine so long, but they have some pretty thick sueded soles, not much different than my remix shoes, which have soft leather soles and work for dancing as well (once i clean off the bottoms with a wire file brush that is).

I love the velvet ones too! So many shoes, such a small wallet ;)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chie chie

Girls - there are 3 different pairs in my size. I am willing to look for other sizes and take pictures for anyone who is interested! I will do this TOMORROW, so please respond! I will post 'em with prices and then you guys can let me know if you want them or not.

The pairs I saw were a purple/white spectator with peepe toe, a green and white open toe (all toes exposed), and a black patent t-strap. None of them were quite what I wanted, except the spectators, which are sooooo impractical.

So, tell me your sizes if you want!

Oh, these were the purple/whites:
_5616533.jpg

and I think these were the black:
_5669355.jpg

Lovely Leah

Familiar Face
LizzieMaine said:

6900-78463-d.jpg

-- and it was all I could do not to knock her down with a film can and take them away from her. They're "Capezio Femme," sold as tap shoes, but the taps are sold seperately. They have good, solid leather soles that are fine for street wear, and though they don't try to be, they are in fact a very close replication of a typical late-'30s daytime shoe.

Out of my price range at the moment, at $139, and they don't have my size in stock at the moment anyway, but they are *exactly* the kind of shoe I've been looking for.

Lizzie,

They are beautiful, I wish the heel was just a little lower and thicker. My gait is something more like a wobble than a walk. I really need a thick heel, if I want to stay upright. I really like the color!!!!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Girls - there are 3 different pairs in my size. I am willing to look for other sizes and take pictures for anyone who is interested! I will do this TOMORROW, so please respond! I will post 'em with prices and then you guys can let me know if you want them or not.

The pairs I saw were a purple/white spectator with peepe toe, a green and white open toe (all toes exposed), and a black patent t-strap. None of them were quite what I wanted, except the spectators, which are sooooo impractical.

So, tell me your sizes if you want!

Oh man, unfortunately none of those are quite to my liking. :( But how sweet of you to offer to buy them for us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy