Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Urgh, I know ... about the money, I mean.
I've fallen in love with these, "Dutifi". The heel! The heel is perfection.

4.jpg
2.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet, stop taunting me! lol

I've given up on Chie Mihara shoes this fall, they are so hopelessly expensive for a student like me, right now, anyway. But so beautiful. Sigh. I hope to get some as a present for my birthday.

PS

A-List Customer
Just grabbed these from Target.com
They are rather plain but had great reviews that the best part is they are 4.99
512hVUVkaxL._SS260_.jpg

They have sizes 5 through 7 left.

There are some amazing shoes in this thread! It makes me want to reconsider being barefoot most of the time!

PS

A-List Customer
We are getting a Nordstrom. Does that mean a Nordstrom Rack will pop up somewhere as well? (Great shoes:) )

scorp79

New in Town
Shoe Question?

Hey Ladies!

I recently bought this cute vintagesue dress:
hollisdress.jpg

And I'm looking for some shoes to match. The only catch is that I'd like them to have a heel *but* they cannot be more than 2 inches, (I'm heel-challenged & have waitress-feet... but look like a chubby bunny if I wear flats.) Any ideas? [huh]

Odalisque

A-List Customer
scorp79 said:
Hey Ladies!

I recently bought this cute vintagesue dress:
hollisdress.jpg

And I'm looking for some shoes to match. The only catch is that I'd like them to have a heel *but* they cannot be more than 2 inches, (I'm heel-challenged & have waitress-feet... but look like a chubby bunny if I wear flats.) Any ideas? [huh]

I'm also on my feet all day and I have noticed that I do really well with heels around 3 inches as long as they are nice and chunky. 2 inches just doesn't give you that nice leg-line. Also, get yourself some good insoles. they really make a huge difference when wearing heels.

The dress looks like it could span a few decades era wise so I'd go with a simple t-strap or maryjane. I'm currently pining for these

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7440041/color/110284

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Odalisque said:
Picked these up at Nordstrom's Rack in an amazing green color.
1564.jpg

The heel is more 50's (or 80's to be honest) but they'll do.

I have these in a cream color, and they are really comfortable and fun. I know the heel isn't really period, but the toe makes up for it!! :)

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
I know--I am *trying* not to start a shoe fetish but sometimes it is so hard! If you *really* want to torture yourself, check out the shoes on the Anthropologie site---they run 100 bucks to 500 bucks a pair.....and they are soooo very beautiful it hurts.
It's still fun to look, even if I will never own any, right? :)

I just splurged on these from Zappos for a wedding this weekend to wear with a green dress I made. I figure they will go with just about anything after that. (I know, excuses excuses........but they are so darned cute)

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
MissAmelina said:
I know--I am *trying* not to start a shoe fetish but sometimes it is so hard! If you *really* want to torture yourself, check out the shoes on the Anthropologie site---they run 100 bucks to 500 bucks a pair.....and they are soooo very beautiful it hurts.

I just splurged on these from Zappos for a wedding this weekend to wear with a green dress I made. I figure they will go with just about anything after that. (as she makes excuses for her addiction.....)

THose are amazing... I really need to shop at Zappos more often.. they have some great shoes!

Hmm, I might just need to get a pair of my own! :D :D
(like I need another pair of shoes)

Odalisque

A-List Customer
MissAmelina said:

I just splurged on these from Zappos for a wedding this weekend to wear with a green dress I made. I figure they will go with just about anything after that. (I know, excuses excuses........but they are so darned cute)

I hate Anthropologie. They have such adorable things that I can never ever afford.:(

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Idledame one page back said:
Those are soooo cute. Evn with what we used to call Mickey Mouse toes.

Yes, they do have a duck's foot kind of toe going on but it only adds to their baroque charm in my opinion. Sigh ... have to stop salivating over these. I just bought a camera but now I kinda wish I had spent the money on shoes instead. It's horrible.

Laura Chase said:
ShrinkingViolet, stop taunting me! lol

Come on, you know you like it!;)

scorp79

New in Town
Odalisque said:
I'm also on my feet all day and I have noticed that I do really well with heels around 3 inches as long as they are nice and chunky. 2 inches just doesn't give you that nice leg-line. Also, get yourself some good insoles. they really make a huge difference when wearing heels.

The dress looks like it could span a few decades era wise so I'd go with a simple t-strap or maryjane. I'm currently pining for these

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7440041/color/110284

Thanks for the link... I love Softt shoes! I've tried to be adventurous and bought a couple pairs that are in the 3 inch heel zone but have had no luck... I end up having to change or take them off after about 20 minutes or so. I did buy a pair from Naturalizers, but I ordered them online and they were just a bit too small.)

Odalisque

A-List Customer
scorp79 said:
Thanks for the link... I love Softt shoes! I've tried to be adventurous and bought a couple pairs that are in the 3 inch heel zone but have had no luck... I end up having to change or take them off after about 20 minutes or so. I did buy a pair from Naturalizers, but I ordered them online and they were just a bit too small.)

Darn. Well, I do hope that you find a pair that works.
And please post pictures when you get back!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick