Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Have you all seen the new Georgia wedges from Rocket Originals? I'm not entirely sure what I think of them. Maybe if they had a picture of a real foot wearing it, instead of that plastic thingy.

SL272769.jpg

SuperKawaiiMama, I agree about the last pair of shoes. They are super vintage looking and somehow make your feet look really small.
Idledame, those dance shoes are very pretty. Don't ballroom shoes have suede shoes? And could they be converted for everyday wear? I've seen lots of seriously cute and thirties-looking metallic shoes.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
SuperKawaiiMama said:
Thanks ladies. I knew I could count on my Lounger girls to see their potential. I have them up on my blog too and everyone hates them (not that that bothers me). All a matter of perspective I guess. Let's see what happens when I style them.. :p

I just read the comments. I just think many girls aren't used to seeing that style now-a-days, and they write it off as unflattering. I really don't think they are unflattering. They aren't sexed-up heels that lengthen your legs (although, I think the the first pair is quite sexy), but they are a different sort of look, more cute and playful. There's a lot of charm in being comfortable! ;)

From the comments you can also see that several of the people like the first pair but dislike the second. They think the first pair is more elegant. To me, the first pair is much more modern looking and elegant in a modern way. For me, that also makes them more ordinary to look at, whereas I think the second pair is more special and cute, and elegant in retro way.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
ShrinkingViolet said:
Have you all seen the new Georgia wedges from Rocket Originals? I'm not entirely sure what I think of them. Maybe if they had a picture of a real foot wearing it, instead of that plastic thingy.

SL272769.jpg

I have got them, and I have a picture of me wearing them if you'd like to see?

FYI, they have them in a slight variation too: the heel block in cream and the stripe around the top of the heel in red.

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Idledame - I am in love with the brown pair of tango shoes! I'm attracted to all the higher shoes, as well, but they're just too impractical for me to blow over a hundred dollars on.

SuperKawaiiMama - Where did you find the second, more casual pair? I'm somewhat in need of casual vintage-styled shoes ;)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
StaceFace said:
Idledame - I am in love with the brown pair of tango shoes! I'm attracted to all the higher shoes, as well, but they're just too impractical for me to blow over a hundred dollars on.

SuperKawaiiMama - Where did you find the second, more casual pair? I'm somewhat in need of casual vintage-styled shoes ;)

StaceFace, I often find myself seeing a pair of vintage-styled shoes and imagining how they'd fit in just perfectly with my life, only to be jolted back to reality by the price tag. But last night I stumbled across these Re-Mix shoes on Amazon (I didn't even know Amazon sold shoes) - I don't how or why, but Amazon is selling this style (in 4 colors) at $50 now. I thought Santa wouldn't mind if I bought them for myself at that price...

513TipRgkOL._AA280_.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
Thanks for telling me, Lily Powers.I have looked longingly at Remix for so long, but been too cheap to buy them. I just ordered the Gloria in red, my size (9) for $50.Hope they fit!
Thanks, IdleDame for mentioning Tara Tango shoes. I have four pair of Malenas, just my all time favorite dancing shoes. My poor black ones are beat to a pulp after years of wear.
I have known the designer for many years , she is a native of South Portland, Maine.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SuperKawaiiMama said:
Thanks ladies. I knew I could count on my Lounger girls to see their potential. I have them up on my blog too and everyone hates them (not that that bothers me). All a matter of perspective I guess. Let's see what happens when I style them.. :p

Are they vintage? I want!! Especially the second pair. :D I can't believe that everyone on your blog prefers the first pair!!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Lily Powers said:
StaceFace, I often find myself seeing a pair of vintage-styled shoes and imagining how they'd fit in just perfectly with my life, only to be jolted back to reality by the price tag. But last night I stumbled across these Re-Mix shoes on Amazon (I didn't even know Amazon sold shoes) - I don't how or why, but Amazon is selling this style (in 4 colors) at $50 now. I thought Santa wouldn't mind if I bought them for myself at that price...

513TipRgkOL._AA280_.jpg
OOH.... I have these in red and white and I love them to death! and $50 is a steal!!!! I wan the blue and white ones too I ahve a top and purse that would match it perfectly! :)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
~*Red*~ said:
OOH.... I have these in red and white and I love them to death! and $50 is a steal!!!! I wan the blue and white ones too I ahve a top and purse that would match it perfectly! :)

were they true to size for you?

aw heck...I caved in.

I had a 50 dollar certificate for amazon....so I just paid .39 cents for them in the brown and white

Sunny

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
From the comments you can also see that several of the people like the first pair but dislike the second. They think the first pair is more elegant. To me, the first pair is much more modern looking and elegant in a modern way. For me, that also makes them more ordinary to look at, whereas I think the second pair is more special and cute, and elegant in retro way.
I haven't read the comments, but I agree with Laura's! The first pair is actually a very classy later 70s style - throwback to the 30s and 40s! You can tell because the overall effect, and particularly the size and shape of the peeptoe, is much more like a sandal than most 40s shoes. And that gives it a more "acceptable" look to modern eyes.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
ShrinkingViolet said:
Fleur de Guerre -- yes please, I would LOVE to see a picture of you wearing the red wedges!

Not sure this will be much more help...it's the only one you can se the whole shoe, the rest have them obscured by my trousers! I can't post the whole pic as they are unedited. I thought there were better ones but I misremembered! :eusa_doh:

3075733830_3e2867ff43_m.jpg

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
were they true to size for you?

aw heck...I caved in.

I had a 50 dollar certificate for amazon....so I just paid .39 cents for them in the brown and white

Their 1940 wedges are whole sizes - I wear a 6 1/2 normally, but go up to a 7M in the wedges.

You know, I've luked on here for so long, that the least I could do is pass along the discovery of Re-mix at such a low cost... glad some of you could get a pair at "double-digit delight!"

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
shoe secrets

StaceFace said:
Those amazingly cute vintage styled shoes are from my local old lady shoe shop. They are by Rohde and I have written up the results of my experiment with these on the blog here. I can't tell you how please I am with them, and I got them for a relative song compared to many of the repro vintage shoes. They are exceptionally well made too. :)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Lily Powers said:

Does anyone know if these shoes run small? I normally wear a size 9, but from the looks of the wedge sizing chart of the remix website, I should order at least a size 10. Should I just stick with my usual shoe size of 9 or go up to a 10? thanks!

Sunny

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
Does anyone know if these shoes run small? I normally wear a size 9, but from the looks of the wedge sizing chart of the remix website, I should order at least a size 10. Should I just stick with my usual shoe size of 9 or go up to a 10? thanks!
I wear a 9, too, and my first Remix order I went with a 10. They were HUGE. The 9's I wear now are a tiny bit short, but still clearly the best fit, especially since the leather stretches. I think most people go by the sizing chart, though.

Lily Powers said:

513TipRgkOL._AA280_.jpg

Oh wow! I don t know if I should thank you or be mad at you for posting these! ;)
I just snagged the last pr of size 8s in the brown and white. I really did need a pair of shoes like these. What a steal! Thanks!

crwritt

One Too Many
The ups truck just pulled up to deliver my ReMix Glorias in red. I put them right on, and they fit over my smartwool socks! Very comfortable.
If you go by the size chart, you would be tempted to order a size bigger, in my case 9 was available, 10 looked like a better fit according to the chart, and I am more like a 91/2.
I was concerned that they would be too small, but if anything they run a little large.
I tried on the bows but they make me feel kind of clownish.
The red color is a deep brownish red, kind of a burgundy brown. very nice smooth shiny leather. I did have to hammer one of the heels into place, the black heel tap was just sticking out a little bit.
This is a kind of all around faux vintage afternoon for me, with brand new vintage style shoes to try on, 30's 40's oldies show on the radio, and I'm laying out a swing coat pattern from the 50's on some blue wool fabric from my late mother in law's stash.
(Of course then I have to log in to the internet to comment on all this.)

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Fleur De Guerre said:
Not sure this will be much more help...it's the only one you can se the whole shoe, the rest have them obscured by my trousers! I can't post the whole pic as they are unedited. I thought there were better ones but I misremembered! :eusa_doh:

3075733830_3e2867ff43_m.jpg

Thanks for posting, Fleur. :) They are super cute and the picture definitely gives a better impression than the ones on the website. The red colour looks smashing worn with blue trousers -- or are they black? I can't tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925