Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Miss Peach

One of the Regulars
I fell over at the Aris Allens, too...pretty much the second they hit the site. I was only planning on getting the black Keds style for fast dancing, but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now what do I do?!

lynnequintana

New in Town
UK Ladies - Peacocks has some nice cheap vintagey shoes at the moment. Heels and flats:

pPEAC1-6757814venh.jpg
pPEAC1-6741074venh.jpg
pPEAC1-6718531venh.jpg

pPEAC1-6712872venh.jpg

Wow, I love them esp the one at the bottom! :thumb:

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
How cute are these spectators:

CREAMSOTA_av1_lg.jpg

I bought a pair of the Gin City peep-toe pumps in the green patent and loooove them. Extremely comfortable too. I'm considering the red patent, but do I really need more shoes : ) FYI; Aerosoles has a code for today only. 15% off $50 and 20% off $100 GHDAY11.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Looking for a vintage inspired white shoe non specific decade to wear with my lighter colored dresses and skirts in the spring/summer. Think these may work.
26078-1.jpg

Elpinoine

New in Town
I love seeing all the beautiful shoes that everyone keeps posting! I have a complete love/hate relationship with shoes. I adore gorgeous vintage shoes, but they hate my feet. I'm only a 7 1/2 technically, but my feet are extra wide, and even wearing the proper width I still have to size up a half to whole size additional because I have really high insteps. Much as I love vintage styles there is no way my insteps will even slightly fit into the period high vamp styles.

I'm new to wearing vintage, and am finding hunting down decent shoes to be the hardest part. I'm still playing around with styles from different decades to find what works best for me. I found a decent pair of low black pumps with a slightly higher vamp that will work okay with a 50's look, but 30's/40's shoes are harder to find in styles that will work with my feet. I was at DSW the other day and found this pair of Sofft shoes in a WW size! I think they look a bit vintagey. Since they tie over the vamp they fit over my insteps. What do you think, will they pass with a vintage look?

ferre.jpg

The heel is a bit higher than I would have liked, so I'm still on the lookout for something with a slightly lower heel - preferably in a brown/tan color. Anyone with problem feet have any good ideas on where to look? I was checking out the Sofft website, to see what else they had since I really liked these comfort wise, but they no longer seem to be selling shoes in the WW option. I tried an google search and came up with nothing anywhere. I don't know where these came from, but I'm glad I found them.

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
I love seeing all the beautiful shoes that everyone keeps posting! I have a complete love/hate relationship with shoes. I adore gorgeous vintage shoes, but they hate my feet. I'm only a 7 1/2 technically, but my feet are extra wide, and even wearing the proper width I still have to size up a half to whole size additional because I have really high insteps. Much as I love vintage styles there is no way my insteps will even slightly fit into the period high vamp styles.

I'm new to wearing vintage, and am finding hunting down decent shoes to be the hardest part. I'm still playing around with styles from different decades to find what works best for me. I found a decent pair of low black pumps with a slightly higher vamp that will work okay with a 50's look, but 30's/40's shoes are harder to find in styles that will work with my feet. I was at DSW the other day and found this pair of Sofft shoes in a WW size! I think they look a bit vintagey. Since they tie over the vamp they fit over my insteps. What do you think, will they pass with a vintage look?

ferre.jpg

The heel is a bit higher than I would have liked, so I'm still on the lookout for something with a slightly lower heel - preferably in a brown/tan color. Anyone with problem feet have any good ideas on where to look? I was checking out the Sofft website, to see what else they had since I really liked these comfort wise, but they no longer seem to be selling shoes in the WW option. I tried an google search and came up with nothing anywhere. I don't know where these came from, but I'm glad I found them.

I really like those shoes.

Take a tour at zappos.com. You can choose heel height, color, size and width. Keep us posted. Zappos is A+ on customer service, this I know from personal experience.

Last edited:

zombi

A-List Customer
^ thanks for saying. I've never bought shoes from online because my feet are so hard to fit -- different size for each one -- and I usually have to try on a bunch to find a pair that'll work because I can't afford two pair. If Zappos has good service, it might be worth it to try from them, for me.

Sharpsburg

One of the Regulars
Brogues! That's what i'm looking for! I am doing a war working impression and need some authentic, but comfortable shoes.

Can anyone help? I've some really cheap ones online, but i need something to be on my feet all day long.

Thanks!

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I <3 Nine West big time! I find their shoes to be extremely comfortable and well made. I have a pair from college that I wear a lot and are still going strong. I've had to have the heel tips replaced once, but that's so minor it's barely worth mentioning. Love it when they bring out vintage-y shoes!

Elpinoine

New in Town
Thanks. I do love Zappos. They've been a godsend for me. Still I always find I'm sending back more shoes than I get to keep. (I really hate my feet). Luckily I've found a local shoe store that keeps a wide variety of brands in different widths. Finding a few brands that work for me, makes shopping at Zappos much, much easier. I really want more Sofft shoes though. They are so unbelievably comfortable on, even with the high heel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner