Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Just bought these. Do you all think these look "vintage-y"? I do:

blackshoes.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Ok so I was just at the doctor today and I have developed Planters Fasciitis. I need to were orthopedics shoe inserts all the time she told me to try the over the counter inserts first and put them in my shoes. Does anyone have an suggestions for me for shoes that might still be cute that I could put inserts in? Didn't we used to have a thread ) I search for one but no luck) about comfortable vintage y shoes suggestions? I thought I remember some shoes that LizzieMaine had once posted that looked like nurse shoes? Bartender feel free to move this if there is a better thread for it.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Those would be the Clinic Coquettes. Still the most comfortable vintage-style shoes you're likely to find for everyday use, especially if you're on your feet a lot. Other than having a rubber sole now instead of leather, they've been pretty much unchanged since the forties.

I had a bout with plantar fasciitis myself last year, and these were the *only* shoes I could wear without falling on the floor in pain. They have very solid arch support.

Last edited:

Amie

One of the Regulars
Cool. Are they true to size? I wish they came in a dark chocolate brown. There aren't enough rich dark brown shoes these days.

K.McG

New in Town
the reviews that I read before I bought them said they run a bit small. I wear an 8-8.5 US, and they are only offered in whole sizes,so I went for a 9, and they fit fine. Dark brown would be nice, I saw some light brown ones, as well as black, I guess it all depends on where you order them from

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer

Thank you for posting that link. I have a seriously problematic foot- osteopenia thanks to steroid meds for asthma and a break- and I am having the hardest time finding shoes low enough but not flat. I've taken to wearing jeans and paraboots all the time. Summer is approaching... sandals would be nice! But they have to be supportive around the front too... these might work for me. :)

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Those would be the Clinic Coquettes. Still the most comfortable vintage-style shoes you're likely to find for everyday use, especially if you're on your feet a lot. Other than having a rubber sole now instead of leather, they've been pretty much unchanged since the forties.

I had a bout with plantar fasciitis myself last year, and these were the *only* shoes I could wear without falling on the floor in pain. They have very solid arch support.

Thanks LizzieMaine

Lily Powers

Practically Family

I have this pair in the ivory with a blue saddle. They are incredibly comfortable, even for all-day wear. The upper is man made in China and there was an issue of odor - sort of a chemical smell - when I took them out of the box. The store display had no smell, so I was hopeful that if I left them out of the box the odor would go away after a couple of days, and it did. I normally wear a 6.5 US, and the 37 fit me perfectly.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I have this pair in the ivory with a blue saddle. They are incredibly comfortable, even for all-day wear. The upper is man made in China and there was an issue of odor - sort of a chemical smell - when I took them out of the box. The store display had no smell, so I was hopeful that if I left them out of the box the odor would go away after a couple of days, and it did. I normally wear a 6.5 US, and the 37 fit me perfectly.

Where did you get ivory and blue? That colour combination sounds gorgeous! And they are a sensible height heel, which I like.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Where did you get ivory and blue? That colour combination sounds gorgeous! And they are a sensible height heel, which I like.

Puzzicato, a little shoe store in town has them. I went in after work just to browse and saw them hidden among the display of a multitude of those pumps with the spiked heels and hidden platforms. The heel is 2.5 inches and is more of a tan than the dark heel in the black/ivory pair. I wore them with this dress I bought last year.

il_430xN.138597781.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR