Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Payless has some cute summer shoes!

I just bought these two pairs:

085919_6_490x490.jpg

083488_6_490x490.jpg

And I want these:

085368_6_490x490.jpg

X
BD

Marla

A-List Customer
I have been looking for authentic-looking '40s-esque penny loafers for over a year now. Just found these from Aldo. The color is a rich golden brown which helps to make them look less conservative.

MariantheLibrarian

Familiar Face
I bought a pair of Amerimark shoes a little while ago, and they're surprisingly comfy for the price. I've been eyeing up the burgundy pair as well. They even have a couple pair of sandals that could pass for 40s at a distance.

McVolke

New in Town
First of all I feel this thread should have some kind of warning....soooo many great shoes! Secondly, and I hope this is ok to do, here is a pair of rain boots (the kind that go over the normal shoe) I found while browsing ebay. The article # is 150602560413. As cute as they are, they're not my size.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Squeegee wedges?I wonder what you ladies thought of these?

or, on Etsy
il_fullxfull.98059552.jpg

I have a pair of these vintage ones. When my MIL cleaned out her closet, she gave them to me. Despite being pretty darn tall, I find them to be surprisingly comfortable and stable. I love them.

crwritt

One Too Many
I have a pair of these vintage ones. When my MIL cleaned out her closet, she gave them to me. Despite being pretty darn tall, I find them to be surprisingly comfortable and stable. I love them.

I'm old enough to remember these, (they were popular mid 70's) and amazed that the rubber sole lasted so long!
Your dear MIL must not have worn hers much, if they are still in good enough shape for you to wear them!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I'm old enough to remember these, (they were popular mid 70's) and amazed that the rubber sole lasted so long!
Your dear MIL must not have worn hers much, if they are still in good enough shape for you to wear them!

I was guessing a similar age, and I too was surprised at the condition. Rubber tends to get crumbly and hard over time, but mine are still in surprisingly good and flexible condition. I would say they had fairly light wear, but I can't swear to if it was the care or the nature of the shoes that have ensured such longevity.
My MIL has given me some pretty awesome hand-me-downs. Fairly recently she gave me some red stoned dress clips that belonged to her mother.

Isis

One of the Regulars
Argh! I'm in the process of putting a 1940's wardrobe together, using the direction from a book from 1944. The details are quite specific when it comes to colours and one item is a pair of yellow sandals. Now I found these from BC Footwear that I fell in love with.

pl850568-01vliv01.jpg

I think they would do just fine, despite not being reproduction, but to my annoyance I can only find the yellow ones in my size in stores that doesn't ship to Europe. I can get brown or red or some other colour, but not yellow. Very annoying, as I have set my heart to these.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy