Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
WOMEN SOOOO AFTER MY OWN HEART!

I own 5 pairs of Aris Allens, just bought those cut dusty blue Target $8 wonders, and have been salivating over those Muffy's for 2 years now.

I feel like I'm having tea with my best friends. :)

Inky

One Too Many
LOL Badmamajama - isn't it fun finding like-minded ladies!!

alright, the red/white leather soled saddles are on their way to me from Oregon. I called and after some measuring and checking (they were immensely helpful), a 9.5 EE is coming. I buy a 10 or 11 and sometimes a wide, so this was odd, but it fit my measuring and since I will always wear these with socks, I guess it's fine. worse case, they seem to have an easy exchange policy.

I can't wait, I should have them by early next week and then it's break in time to get them ready for the end of August and our dancing starts up again in September!

thanks for all your help/enabling!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Thanks texasgirl!
Those saddle shoes are great Inky, I want a pair too now. I am going dancing on Saturday night and realized I don't have anything comfy enough and that would slide on the floor. Hmm...

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These are currently on sale at Payless...got them and a matching bag!
070065_4_490x490.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I've just posted the link with my shoes to a friend and she says I'm crazy to have that many, around 20 pairs. Is it...really!? I felt really bad about myself and rushed to explain I bought them with discount while working on retail or in the sales. I sort of felt the need to justify myself as if it were something not quite right about owning 20 pairs of shoes. Maybe now I should go about selling them since I am going through a nasty period financially. I might do it as a last resort. But leaving that aside, it is really crazy to own 20 pairs? I would have thought it was rather average. Not a secret that I should keep in my closet. I'm starting to feel a bit angry about it now.

Inky

One Too Many
crazydaisy said:
I've just posted the link with my shoes to a friend and she says I'm crazy to have that many, around 20 pairs. Is it...really!? I felt really bad about myself and rushed to explain I bought them with discount while working on retail or in the sales. I sort of felt the need to justify myself as if it were something not quite right about owning 20 pairs of shoes. Maybe now I should go about selling them since I am going through a nasty period financially. I might do it as a last resort. But leaving that aside, it is really crazy to own 20 pairs? I would have thought it was rather average. Not a secret that I should keep in my closet. I'm starting to feel a bit angry about it now.

20 pairs is not too many. i don't even know how many i have, but i can tell you that right now there are 5 pair in front of my dresser i've worn this week and there have to be at least 50 more pair on the floor of my closet and i don't even want to count the number of boxed pairs that don't get regular wearing rotation.

oh yeah, and i just ordered the saddle shoes. so there. tell your friend pttthhht.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I should perhaps remind myself that she's a jeans and trainers gal so there's no need for her to own any heels, so then maths is simple...still got a bit aggravated...:)

MidnightBlue

New in Town
I know plenty of people who would think 20 pairs a very low number, and not many of them are exactly fashionistas. I probably own about that many too and don't consider myself a shoe person (I'm trying to remedy that in recent years)

I think it may be your friend that's the odd one :rolleyes:

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Indeed I would be happy to keep adding to my collection. I'll just have to choose in the future who I share that with. lol

texasgirl

One Too Many
I have a rack that holds 24 and it is full. Then I have a bunch more just in the closet- at least 20-25; then I have my good ones in boxes, another 15 or so. So no, I do not think that's a lot. Even my husband has more than 20. I mean you need all different types, flats, heels, sandals, boots, sneakers- the list could go one for days :D

olive bleu

One Too Many
well, CRAZYDAISY, here's my math. I normally buy 1-2 new pairs of shoes a year, but that's because i have finicky feet that demands pricey shoes.But i know lots of gals buy several new pairs a year, but only spend $20-$30 a pair.

so if my shoes are: 2 x $150= $300

and your shoes are: 10 x $30 = $300..;)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
crazydaisy said:
But leaving that aside, it is really crazy to own 20 pairs? I would have thought it was rather average. Not a secret that I should keep in my closet. I'm starting to feel a bit angry about it now.

20 pairs is nothing. Modest! Your friend is crazy.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
I have about 12 pairs of my "good" shoes in my closet, the ones i wear with most of my dresses, then i have my sandals at the back door when i just need to slip something on, then i have about my 8 pairs of converse shoes in the basement closet along with all the other pairs of shoes that i seem to forget about...i'm thinking i have probably close to 50 shoes (with bags to match most!)

crazydaisy...i think your friend is crazy. :)

zendy

A-List Customer
I have about 20 also and I keep saving for more. like the other ladies said, you NEED a pair for every occasion and maybe even every outfit. I wonder if she has 20 t-shirts? some could say that's just as "weird."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR