Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
deleteduser said:
wait -
converse are vintage??
wow!

I think these awesome gals are wearing converse...typical sport shoes for a LONG time

grundy_f3.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss Sis said:
Kitty, are these narrower than the regular unisex ones? I find they are too wide and I can't wear them as they are uncomfortable. :(

They are supposedly narrower in cut, but I'm not too sure. However, these ones come in half sizes whereas the unisex ones often only come in full sizes, so maybe a half size down would help?

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
jetgirl said:
I love PF FLyers. I wish I could find a pair of "Ringsides" that they made a couple of years ago. I have these Center Lo's.

http://zapp.me/7162893

I have the Grounder Lo's and they're super comfortable. When my mother saw them she said she had a pair just like them when she was a kid! The other reason I like them is that they're a kind of off-white/cream colour and not that blinding white that you need to dirty up a bit before you can wear them publicly (or is that just me?).

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
bunnyb.gal said:
I have the Grounder Lo's and they're super comfortable. When my mother saw them she said she had a pair just like them when she was a kid! The other reason I like them is that they're a kind of off-white/cream colour and not that blinding white that you need to dirty up a bit before you can wear them publicly (or is that just me?).

No., that is not just you. I got them in the grey for the exact same reason. Also, if I get white shoes, every time I catch them out of the corner of my eye I think I have marshmallows on my feet. lol

LizzieMaine

Bartender
jetgirl said:
I love PF FLyers. I wish I could find a pair of "Ringsides" that they made a couple of years ago. I have these Center Lo's.

http://zapp.me/7162893

I have a pair of Ringsides I found on eBay for about $10 the year before last -- someone was selling off old stock, and had a bunch of sizes. It's worth keeping an eye out, because that style tends to turn up often.

What I'd like to find is the PF "Derby," which was pretty much exactly the shoe worn by the gals in the basketball team pic posted earlier -- tan or brown canvas with contrasting rubber trim and a sort of thin saddle stripe. These were reproduced around the same time as the Ringside, but they hardly ever show up for sale.

For what it's worth, PFs are the only sneakers my tired old feet can stand to wear -- they have real, honest arch support.

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
I have a pair of Ringsides I found on eBay for about $10 the year before last -- someone was selling off old stock, and had a bunch of sizes. It's worth keeping an eye out, because that style tends to turn up often.

What I'd like to find is the PF "Derby," which was pretty much exactly the shoe worn by the gals in the basketball team pic posted earlier -- tan or brown canvas with contrasting rubber trim and a sort of thin saddle stripe. These were reproduced around the same time as the Ringside, but they hardly ever show up for sale.

For what it's worth, PFs are the only sneakers my tired old feet can stand to wear -- they have real, honest arch support.

Thanks Lizzie, I'll check ebay. I've seen the Derby, they are super cute.
Yes, the PF Flyers are comfy! For me, much more so than Converse.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
jetgirl said:
No., that is not just you. I got them in the grey for the exact same reason. Also, if I get white shoes, every time I catch them out of the corner of my eye I think I have marshmallows on my feet. lol

Ain't it the truth! And jumbo jet-puffed ones at that!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Some of their ballet flats are also very cute, and they have little peep-toed slingback flats as well. Not bad for lounging around the house or just tooling around. They ARE very comfortable.

I gree Kitty! I love the Prima style. Very comfortable and versatile.

I love the Hanalei style too!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Jenniferose7 said:
I gree Kitty! I love the Prima style. Very comfortable and versatile.

I love the Hanalei style too!

I don't own a pair, because I still can't get over the stigma of them being Crocs, but I'll probably break down and get a pair over the summer.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Ladies, please share your opinion with me regarding these shoes!

What is your first impression? Do you like them? What era do they look like they're from? I'll explain more later. Your response means a lot me!

shoes1.jpg

shoes2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points