Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
A bit late to the Crocs discussion, but these are the ones I live in (closed toes, so they're allowed at work :D). Soooo comfy, and they're finally coming out with styles that look good on humans. If you find a style you can tolerate, cave and you won't regret it!

crwritt

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
What is your first impression? Do you like them? What era do they look like they're from? I'll explain more later. Your response means a lot me!

shoes1.jpg

shoes2.jpg
They look like classic pumps, anywhere from 20's to present day. Are these movie stills? Is a man weraing them? just guessing.

Moodle

New in Town
cherry lips said:
What is your first impression? Do you like them? What era do they look like they're from? I'll explain more later. Your response means a lot me!

shoes1.jpg

shoes2.jpg

I like them! I'm hardly a shoe historian, but treating this like a puzzle: the vamp looks too high for a modern street shoe, but not high enough to look 20s/30s vintage to me. They actually look a lot like character shoes (as in shoes for dancing) to me, although those typically have a mary-jane-type strap across the foot as well. So I'm still not sure what era they look like, but I do think they're cute.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
There's elements of those shoes I really like - the rounded toe and the lack of "toe cleavage" gives them a pleasantly mid/late forties look. I also like that the heel is not exaggeratedly high. Looks like a reasonable modern-era intepretation of a postwar daytime pump to me.

December

One of the Regulars
I can tell you that I recognise them from your photos in the pin up thread lol

I like them- they're the sort of shoes I wear a lot as they're so versatile.

I have a pair very similar that I bought from the high street a couple of years ago, so they really could be any era. I would probably say 80s- current day.

I really like that curved heel.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thank you ladies for commenting on the shoes! It means a lot to me; hearing your opinion and eventual approval. Yes, I'm wearing the shoes (not a man! When I flirt with gay guys I always say my soul is a man, though). I had a cobbler make them for me from a pic of fifties low-heel baby doll pumps. He got everything right except for the shape of the heel, and now it's too late to fix it. I was hoping they looked vintage enough, it's my fault that they aren't perfect replicas because I didn't want to be too demanding or hurt his pride (he's very old and cute!).

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
cherry lips said:
Thank you ladies for commenting on the shoes! It means a lot to me; hearing your opinion and eventual approval. Yes, I'm wearing the shoes (not a man! When I flirt with gay guys I always say my soul is a man, though). I had a cobbler make them for me from a pic of fifties low-heel baby doll pumps. He got everything right except for the shape of the heel, and now it's too late to fix it. I was hoping they looked vintage enough, it's my fault that they aren't perfect replicas because I didn't want to be too demanding or hurt his pride (he's very old and cute!).

I think they look great, and it's so cool that you have custom shoes! As for the cobbler issue, I know I would do the same thing if I were in your situation. There's always the next pair, right? ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Perlina shoes?

Anyone here discovered Perlina shoes yet? They are supposed to be comfort/fashion shoes.

Check out this cute 20s/30s style pump at Amazon on wicked sale (<$40!)
8521-943321-p.jpg

I'm also in love with these ones, and would love pairs in black, red, navy AND grey, but I just can't find them in my size. BOO!
9994-570885-p.jpg

BoPeep

Practically Family
Gracie Lee - Thanks for the heads' up on the canvas wedges. I bought two pair from Newport several summers ago and they are starting to wear out. I'm in the market for easy summer shoes that don't cost a fortune!

KittyT - those red slingbacks are amazing! I'm off to amazon . . .

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
crwritt said:
I have the metallic ones (center photo) and a couple pair of her Malenas.
I dance all night in these.

Oooh lucky you! What are the soles like? Are they leather? How would they fare for everyday street wear?

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Pulling this quote from a couple of months ago. Feel free to move this to the vintage shoe thread.
Inky said:
recently Blondie got a pair of vintage men's golf shoes that she removed the spikes from and they were just like the lace up bucks - i don't have a picture and sadly she's away from her computer for a bit but I think Lauren did the same thing so perhaps she can help too.

How does one remove the vintage cleats from golf shoes? And do you then put a new sole on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails