Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D-Pocket leather jackets

I found a jacket this weekend at the swap meet...too small though. And the main pic was too blurry to post up as it was drizzling and the lens got wet."Made in Canada" ;)
IMG_0856.jpg

Edward

Bartender
British Cycle Leathers, Made in Canada.... reminds me of the sign I saw once over some tourist tat in the Old Country: "Genuine Irish Leprechauns - Made in China". lol

I really like that Schott. Looked at one on eBay for some time but couldn't afford to pull the trigger. Did fall in with an early (I think pre-reintroduction) ELC Roadstar, though. Must get some shots done....

Last edited:

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
British Cycle Leathers, Made in Canada.... reminds me of the sign I saw once over soem tourist tat in the Old Country: "Genuine Irish Leprechauns - Made in China". lol

I really like that Schott. Looekd at one on eBay for some time but couldn't afford to pull the trigger. Did fall in with an early (I think pre-reintroduction) ELC Roadstar, though. Must get some shots done....

:eusa_clap
ha - good one

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Yep. The British Mfg. Co. was one of Canada's oldest leather jacket makers. Made in Montreal.
Originally the British Mfg. Co, then British Cycle Leathers, later Brimaco.
They supposedly originated the cafe racer style.

Yep. The British Mfg. Co. was one of Canada's oldest leather jacket makers. Made in Montreal.Originally the British Mfg. Co, then British Cycle Leathers, later Brimaco. They supposedly originated the cafe racer style.
The jacket that label belonged to was nice. My size and Ida bought it. Thanks for the info on it.

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
No offense man. Honestly those are some really sweet jackets.
Yep. The British Mfg. Co. was one of Canada's oldest leather jacket makers. Made in Montreal.
Originally the British Mfg. Co, then British Cycle Leathers, later Brimaco.
They supposedly originated the cafe racer style.

Lando

Practically Family
I posted this one to my Johnson Leathers post but I figured you guys might enjoy it here as well. This is not my jacket but one I intend on getting. It's based on a 30's design so I've been told, and is by far, my favorite D pocket style of jacket I have seen to date.
8667371244_696dfdf5d9_o.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Lando, i really dig this. I'd love to see the back details of this. I'm guessing its not a half belt because of the side cinches, or is it? Regardless, looks like a winner to me. I'm an especially big fan of the early iterations (and there are a whole lot of em) of the d pocket.

Mark Fisher is just about ready to cut mine! Been working out the fit for a few months, and its time to roll- soo stoked :)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I agree..Im keen as hell on a brown hh aeroj106 by thurston with snap on collar....glorious.....cant decide between classic or the brown.....

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Yes, that j106 is the best looking of Thurston's offerings. Gorgeous. But I don't think I could pull it off in either color!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters