Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dare I start a doll thread?

jenny_dreadful

Familiar Face
so many dolls, so little time...

BettyValentine: Are those Volks BJDs that you posted pictures of? I aspire to own one someday; yours are really beautiful.

Rockapin-up: I have Irae too, and a few others. The stories that go with Little Apple Dolls are so interesting and cute.

deadpandiva: I see Pullips among your dolls! I've bought my boyfriend a few in the past, and he's getting this one for Christmas:

f581_01.jpg

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Anyone collect Terri Lee? I have my mother's big Terri Lee and her Tiny Terri Lee, with her box. I love their sweet faces, even if they are a bit of an acquired taste. My mom grew up in Nebraska, and that is where her dolls came from, before the company moved to California.

Chas

One Too Many
>>Ooh, she's lovely! What's her story?

I saw her at a neat little place called "The Kyoto Handicrafts Center" while I was in Japan some years back. I always meant to get her a plexiglass case to keep the dust off, but for some reason she hasn't needed it. Being Japanese, she obviously knows how to keep clean. I would like to pick up some more Japanese dolls, but for various reasons, I haven't had the chance. I really want one of these - an antique Geisha doll. This one is from the 1930's. It's a Geisha preforming at the Gion Matsuri, I think.
OG-fuji-musume.jpg

My Japanese doll is a Samurai's daughter or wife, ergo the title, Hime. One of my prized possessions, even if she's far from the most expensive.

MegamiOrchard

Familiar Face
My mother had an original Midge Barbie - with short curly hair - which my sister trashed, along with a vintage Ken. We never forgave her for that.

Some of you ladies are so talented - I am hopeless at sewing and find children's clothes hard, so sewing such tiny outfits must require so much skill!

Copacetic said:
Thanks for sharing, CherryRed! They are just adorable. I especially love the first one - I've always loved that dress. However, I am partial to the braided pigtails, too.

Here are a couple of mine, looking appropriately Christmas-y from a couple of years ago:

DSC01246.jpg

Hey! I have seen this picture before! I think maybe we know each other from another board. The ebay DB perhaps??

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Dolls are about the only thing I've never collected. I have some from my childhood, and a few I've bought in the past 15 years or so:
019-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

(poor girl!)

Not really a doll, but I bought this at a yard sale with 1/2 dozen Steiffs (for .25 each). I sold the Steiffs, but kept this (the man said it was from England):
035.jpg

061-1.jpg

A Santa doll:
037-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

026-3.jpg

029.jpg

032.jpg

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Thought I'd bring this thread back to life, I'v always liked it. So here's a couple of dolls I got over the months.

This is the Silkstone Highland doll, Vintage Misty, and a little statue I like to hang Jewelery on.

2390795802_e4b9034e5f.jpg

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
They're not dolls exactly but I do collect My Little Pony (original 1980s ones, and maybe a few early 90s ones - 1st gen only though). I would love to own a Blythe doll - they're pretty pricey though! xx

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
Oh wow, you have a lot more than I do. I've lost a couple of mine that I had when I was little... I definitely had Butterscotch and Majesty but they're nowhere to be found. I really want to see them again xx

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
I used to have a bunch of Ponies and the show stable. I gave them to a little girl I babysat for.
I don't regret it though. She loved playing with them.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
When I was a little girl, there was a my little pony commercial advertising the character Megan & Sundance. My name is Magen and at my school an older boy named Sundance. For weeks kids would hound me everyday singing "My little pony Megan & Sundance"........it drove me crazylol lol

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I have the original dream castle but it was given to me by friends of my grandparents when I was little so I don't have all of the original pieces which is a shame, and the box is pretty battered. If it had been mine in the first place I know I would have taken really good care of it and it'd be in much better condition. I don't understand why some people can't take care of their toys ^-^

I'm on another pony-buying spree now though, I just bought Majesty! My sister used to have her but she's got lost along the years, and I've got my eye on a few others xx

alexandra

Practically Family
Here are two of the dolls that were my mum’s and that I also played with as a little girl. They both have lots and lots of outfits and accessories, so I just picked out the ones I loved as a kid. Some of them are home made and some are clothes that my mum just decided would look better on these dolls rather than on the dolls they came with.

The first is Jill

voo328.jpg

23hwvht.jpg

21dfwaq.jpg

34h6vs0.jpg

fryok.jpg

And the second is a teenage doll

15gce38.jpg

2mzwg9f.jpg

28v4l69.jpg

fllgg7.jpg

fwos9j.jpg