Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dare I start a doll thread?

swampcrone

New in Town
BegintheBeguine said:
They don't actually make them, of course, Mattel does. It's a cute store that sells dolls, about 45 minutes' drive from my house. They have a lot of dolls in stock that customers can't buy from the Barbie online site anymore.

Psst... if you can get down to East Aurora, the Fisher-Price store sometimes has the "collectible" barbies on super sale (stuff like damaged boxes, etc.)

Foofoogal

Banned
What A Doll/Scandalous Pinup!

;) :eek: :p
http://ravingbeautydoll.com/

She shocks. She titillates. Oh My! Isn't she a dream. I won 2nd place with her years ago. Her everything is perfect.
newphotos058.jpg

newphotos057.jpg

newphotos059.jpg

newphotos060.jpg

newphotos056.jpg

newphotos055.jpg

I shall never sell her. Betty Grable: Eat your heart out! :D

http://sandysfancypants.blogspot.com

she even has little gold boudoir slippers.

Foofoogal

Banned
I knew when they moved this noone would comment. I should of put it in the pinup thread. I had discussed a surprise pinup there. :(

Can it be moved to that thread? If you read the link this doll was only produced for 3 years. I guess the moms in 1950s early didn't want their little girls to be pinups.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
That was a REAL doll??? I thought you just put cute lingerie on an old dolly! lol I would have loved her if I was a baby in the 50s :D

Foofoogal

Banned
No, she is all original. I started out as a collector of dolls and I showed them. I was a maniac about dolls back in the 1980s. I collected at least 40 and then just had enough. I have sold some but have kept some also.

Rhian

New in Town
I own two Asian ball-jointed dolls, one a Super Dollfie 13 by Volks, the other a U-noa Quluts Lusis by Alchemic Labo. I make most of their clothes myself, notably the knits, but I also sew for them when I have the patience. (Supposedly I'm in the middle of making an 18th century outfit for the male doll, but it's not going anywhere fast!) I'd like to make period-correct 1930s outfits for them, and that may be my next project.

134747907_af1ac8e9a2.jpg
1423690931_ab4a158e58.jpg

2327620282_5ba0889aa4.jpg
2394115668_c48f316d60.jpg

2939309028_7ba140d6ca.jpg
358314372_446f090cd6.jpg

Rhian

New in Town
Thank you very much! :D I think he is an acquired taste, to be honest... and certainly much more stylised than she is. I love them equally, but she is more fun to sew and knit for.

Foofoogal said:
how amazing. I love her. Him not so much. You are very creative with your creations. Fabulous. :eusa_clap

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I don't really collect them, but along the way I've inherited much of my grandmother's, great aunt's, and their relatives and friends porcelain dolls along the way. Most are victorian/edwardian dressed, but my favorite is my Aunt's Sasha Doll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy