Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dark felt after sanding...

Mario

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Glad it worked out - and by doing this thread, several of us have learned a thing or two. Thanks!! :)

:arated: I love threads like this one. As soon as I stumble upon of of these, it goes straight to a subscriptions folder called 'The Clinic'... :D

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Glad it worked out - and by doing this thread, several of us have learned a thing or two. Thanks!! :)

After doing what Art suggested I did what you suggested, Gene. Brush, spray water, dab, let dry, brush. The hat looks like new! I cannot even see the spot!
Thanks Gene!:eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
That's exactly what I love about this place!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
:arated:

Mario, having a "clinic" folder is a great idea. I'm officially stealing it...just so you know!:p :eek: lol

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
zetwal said:
Does this mean that any sanding of a felt hat should be done only in that direction? That makes sense. I've never had occasion to sand a hat myself. I just want to make sure I'm reading this right in case I ever do.

Hopefully without going into great detail, the short answer is yes, 99% of the time. There are other reasons for directional sanding but for this application/problem it's the right thing to do as you can tell by the results.

It's good when it comes together, right Aureliano? lol

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
It's good when it comes together, right Aureliano? lol

It feels goood! I can only imagine what you feel when you finish a hat!

It comes to my mind an amazing answer that Jackson Pollock gave to a question. Knowing that his paintings are so abstract, the reporter asked him:
"mr Pollock, how can you tell when you're finished with a painting?"
Pollock said " how do you know when you're finished making love?":eek: :eusa_clap

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^^

So what was the answer????

dunce2.jpg

Quapaw

New in Town
A couple of great tips in this one for a newb like me...

not only the sanding tip but the clinic folder are both very useful info. Thanks to Aureliano, Mario and all the contributors for this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner