Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dark Grey Beaver Brand Center Dent 7 5/8

DerMann

Practically Family
This was originally one of the first hats that I bought when I started out. I'm selling it because I don't wear it any more after I bought my Stetson Temple.

Bought it through the Fedora Store for $99 (was on sale from $150 or so). It's fur felt. Rather thick and coarse (probably has a higher level of rabbit fur). The brim has seen better days, but it's definitely still wearable in its current condition.

Instead of the front snapping down, the back brim snaps up. It can be worn either way. 2 1/2" brim, 5" unblocked crow (don't know what it is blocked).

The colour is what initially threw me off. It was described as a dark grey (something like a carbon grey). Truth be told, it definitely has a twinge of purple in it. In some light it will look quite purple (overcast natural light), while in other light (incandescent, fluorescent, and bright natural light) it will look grey or grey blue.

The sweat band has also shrunk a bit, making it a bit tighter than it used to be. I would still consider it a 7 5/8, but just barely so. It would probably fit someone with a 7 1/2 head, if but a tad loose. Not sure how it happened, but the little ribbon on the sweat band has some sort of burn mark. Lastly, the fur itself is fairly dirty (mostly on the pinch from doffing/donning) and could use a cleaning. The fur is very thick and very resilient (practiced a lot of bashes on it).

Here's a gallery of pictures (colour has been adjusted to be as accurate as possible - remember, think purple):

http://yfrog.com/4ybrimjx

Because of the condition, it will be going for $50 OBO plus ~$6 for priority shipping in the continental US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy