Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Date of Manufacture, Leather Type and Manufacturer of Cafe Jacket.

technovox

One Too Many
I'm north of Atlanta & wore this Fidelity quite frequently until I got an AL dirt rider in jerky horse...

I'm curious about the jerky horse. If it doesn't endanger hijacking this thread, I'd love to see pics of your dirt rider . Is the jerky horse a similar or lighter weight than the FQHH?

andy b.

One of the Regulars
I also have one of these jackets. There are tons on eBay, but no one ever seems to identify a manufacturer. Mine is an oxblood color and needed one pocket zipper replaced, both pocket liners/bags replaced, and a small section of lining resewn. It looks just like the OP's except for color.

Are they definitely Fidelity brand? Do these Fidelity jackets have a decent reputation? Mine seems fairly heavy and has a thicker liner than I expected.

Andy B.

Peacoat

Bartender
I've heard Pecards several times. I am about to go order some. Is it going to be okay to use with most of the finish gone? I wear most of my jackets pretty hard, I like them pretty messy so other than oil changes on the car or welding, I don't avoid take them off, it doesn't make them softer to the point of tearing easier does it? A scuff adds character, the tears I try to avoid.

The last thing you want is to have cracks in the leather. Once that starts, there is no redemption. Pecard will keep that from happening. And, yes, it is OK to use Pecard on your jacket even though the finish has rubbed off. If it is really dry, it may take several applications.

J.Fallaw

New in Town
I also have one of these jackets. There are tons on eBay, but no one ever seems to identify a manufacturer. Mine is an oxblood color and needed one pocket zipper replaced, both pocket liners/bags replaced, and a small section of lining resewn. It looks just like the OP's except for color.

Are they definitely Fidelity brand? Do these Fidelity jackets have a decent reputation? Mine seems fairly heavy and has a thicker liner than I expected.

Andy B.

There isn't a lot of information on Fidelity, mostly bits and pieces here and there. This one I have feels about the same as some schotts I have from that time.

J.Fallaw

New in Town
The last thing you want is to have cracks in the leather. Once that starts, there is no redemption. Pecard will keep that from happening. And, yes, it is OK to use Pecard on your jacket even though the finish has rubbed off. If it is really dry, it may take several applications.
Yeah the more I look it does look like the left arm especially is heading there. The right is okay. But I will take the advice and soak it. I've never had one quite as beat up as this, I have a schott from sometime in the sixties but its not as much of a thick finish as this one, probably better leather was still available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner