Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating non-vintage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, so my apologies if it has.

For those of you who are dating/with someone who is not into vintage things and thinks vintage things/tv shows/movies/music/etc are "old," how do you deal with that? I'm not speaking of a ridiculing such as that one party feels the other should not like/dress/etc vintage, but just that the non-vintage party does not understand the love of vintage.

Thoughts?

Rachael

A-List Customer
It is very rare to find another person with whom one shares every interest. Clearly there is an attraction and compatibility of some kind, or you would not have began a relationship with this person. And as someone who does dress vintage, this is a part of who you are and the other person finds you attractive as well.

Certainly this person has a hobby/interest or two which you may find interesting but do not share. As long as there is respect for the things you do not share, and there are interests that are shared, I don't see a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo