Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dave Brown Hats

vintage68

Practically Family
Has anyone had a hat made by Dave Brown Hats? Evidentally he's a major player for Hollywood films, having made hats for Road to Perdition, Last Man Standing, Chicago, etc.

If any member can speak to general customer service, hat quality, etc, that would be swell.

Regards! Vintage

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I talked to Dave on the phone before Christmas and he is a pretty interesting and a bit cantankerous. Made alot of hats for the movies yes and he's very proud of that fact. He does alot of hero hats though rarely any background so he's quick to say other hatters may have made hats for this or that movie though he made the ones worn by the stars.

I haven't got a custom from him as of yet thoguh I should... after Art.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I saw a hat made by Mr Brown a while ago . It was nice . The customer didnt remember what he paid for it .
For the money , I'd stick to an Artistic creation made by the master hatter Art Fawcett.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com
lol

vintage68

Practically Family
For the record, I have one Adventurebilt, and recently ordered a second before the price increase next year. I can attest to the fine quality, customer service, and attention to detail.

I just happened across the site and was curious if anyone had any dealings with Mr. Brown. The price for the Indiana Jones hat is right around $600.

Regards! Vintage

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I visited the set of Road to Perdition and spoke with the costumer. She showed me Tom's hat that she pulled from a Dave Brown box. It was a nice hat.

Dave Brown is not well known in our circle. I would enjoy getting better acquainted with his work.

The only dealings I have had with Dave is for blocking. His shop is right around the corner from my office. I had a vintage grey Dobbs that I obtained from "that site" and didn't know what block I wanted on it. He invited me into his "inner sanctum" and took the time to try some different blocks with me. I felt like I was going back in time with all of the old wooden blocks and vintage machines. All in all I got the block that I wanted, talked about hats with a very knowledgeable and interresting man and best of all he only charged me $4.00 for the blocking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart