Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deadstock Resistol

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Several years ago I bought a deadstock Resistol fedora from Art. The thread has disappeared in one of the crashes. Here it is today:

IMG_1628sm.jpg

IMG_1630sm.jpg

IMG_1631sm.jpg

IMG_1632sm.jpg

IMG_1633sm.jpg

This was inside:

IMG_1635sm.jpg

IMG_1636sm.jpg

I have only worn it a couple of times.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Man, that is a nice hat. I wouldn't sell that. I would wear that in my cardboard box house ,proudly, if that is what it took. Really nice lid:eusa_clap

rgraham

A-List Customer
Would it be possible to scan or photograph those instructions so they could actually be read? I'm sure that the information could apply to just about any hat, and those illustrations are always fun to check out.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have the darker version. It is worth it.

I was there when MK bought it. We almost arm wrestled for it, but I got the gray-blue twin brother to this hat. If I recall BOTH were new old stock. Mine has the same "paperwork" in it. I have not worn it. It is pristine. Both are.

And not to let any cat out of the bag....the current bid for the hat on Ebay is very low..this hat should sell for much more at a vintage hat store. No kidding.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I can't find a thread on dating Resistols by liner and/or sweatbands, etc. Can anyone direct me to such a thread? Can anyone here date this hat please?

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Judging by my light gray Resistol (no model name), mine and rlk's Pace-Setters plus Sue's Twelve Fifty, I'd say it's early to mid-50's. rlk's Pace-Setter and my light gray Resistol even have an OPS tag (putting it fairly and squarely in the 1950-53 range) and the liners and sweats of all the hats I mentioned look almost completely identical (only the liner from my light gray model differs slightly). All the late 50's liner I've seen looked different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy