Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deadstock Vintage Workboots Cat's Paw

celtic

A-List Customer
**SOLD**

I found this pair of boots and fell in love. I have worn them around the house a bit trying to convince myself they fit, but alas they are a bit too tight.

I normally wear a 9.5D in dress shoes, but sometimes I can wear a 9E in boots.

These are true to size 9E. I probably could break them in and wear them, but they'll never fit like they should. :( MAN OH MAN I WISH THESE FIT.

The goods:

THICK Leather...possibly horsehide...I am no expert. The heel reminds me of a logger heel and the sole says:
OIL-PROOF
CAT'S PAW
NEOPRENE

and the heel is marked:
VULCAN

They are NEW, except for me wearing them inside my house. They do have scratches on them from being bounced around the shop. The shop bought some shoes from another semi-local shop that went out of business. There were some pairs of mostly women's shoes from the 60s-80s, but very few boots. This was the only pair like it and there was no box.

The insole says:

Thorogood
Job Fitted Work Shoes

SIZE 9 E

Measurements with a cloth tape:

From bottom of heel to top of boot: 9"
Heel height: 1.5"-almost 2"
Heel-toe across bottom: 12"
Width across bottom at widest: 4 3/8"

I'm looking to get $75+ship OBO.

I can try to take better pictures if needed, my camera isn't very good.

ThorogoodBoots016-1.jpg

ThorogoodBoots017.jpg

ThorogoodBoots018.jpg

ThorogoodBoots021.jpg

ThorogoodBoots013.jpg

ThorogoodBoots015.jpg

ThorogoodBoots010.jpg

ThorogoodBoots007.jpg

ThorogoodBoots001.jpg

**SOLD**

celtic

A-List Customer
**SOLD**

I just realized that I neglected to mention that there seems to be some fading/greying of color. I will take a closer look when I get home this evening.
I would imagine that it would disappear with the first polish, but I wanted to make sure it was known.

can be seen best in the last picture:
left boot, if you look near the 3-5 eyelets, near the anklebone, you can see the color is a bit lighter.

**SOLD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot