Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Death of the Little Black Book?

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
But you can't flip through the pages and see the different colors of ink and numbers scribbled out when she moved, etc! Plus, you don't hide your iPhone!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
My little book still gets use. Unfortunately it has most of the numbers scratched out. I pretty much only use it for personal notes now ... hatch info for local rivers, upcoming events I don't want to miss, etc. I haven't written down names and phone numbers in at least 12 years. Apparently I'm at that age where there is more important info for me to remember. :D

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
Hmmm... No. I just have the address book in my cell phone. I hadn't thought about it, before, now that I am, I realize that I never think, "There's a show/concert/whatever, who might like to go?" and pick up the phone.

Most of the people in my old little black book would have different last names now, anyway.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I have a tiny little red one I keep in my purse. I don't have a cellphone so I have to write the numbers down in INK, can you IMAGINE? :p

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
I gots one!

Its vintage '40s , I keep everything in it, business stuff, networking contacts, gals, friends, companies, etc.

:eek:fftopic:

I also keep a handwritten ledger book. I'm trying to be more vintage. lol I collect old books, ledgers, logs, and such.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
After a computer crash a few years ago, I do keep a book with all my numbers in it. Alas, as I am a fat, boring, old married guy, it's not nearly as interesting as it once was!

adamjaskie

One of the Regulars
I have a little book. It's black. It has lots of random crap in it. Some phone numbers, but mostly old shopping lists, meeting minutes, to-do lists, directions to friends' houses, etc.

Viola said:
Why, D-back, you social butterfly, you! ;)
No, like I said, you don't want to know what's in it. Along with having range-cards for my usual tables at various places, what does the phrase "Creative Ingredient Lists" sound like to you?:eek: lol Not that I ever want to use any of this--quite the opposite--just sayin'...

----------------
Now playing: John Williams - Battle Of The Heroes
via FoxyTunes

docneg

One of the Regulars
I use a moleskin also. I clip a small pen (ballpoint, though) to the elastic band so I am always prepared.

I use a PDA, too, but it's really not the same.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Sorry, but it seems most guys here seem to not really getthe concept. But I do. Frankly, I think it is abit of a myth. Not sure how many guys had them back in the day. If they did, I guess the difference is taht few women today would tolerate a guy having many dates and only calling them at intervals apart enough that you would need to keep their number in abook with different colored ink. Part of that may be due to the fact that most people were just dating, not sleeping together, although that might be a myth too. I suppose the whole thing about the black book was coding what you might expect from each girl. 1-5 stars perhaps?

I have been running around with some younger guys lately, and we are typically pulling out the phone and giving it to the girl to put her number in. I halve a palm Centro with a full database contact list. I may have to start using different categories, but not so sure about that. if you don't call them within a week or less, probably nothing going to come of it.

Phil

A-List Customer
Well...moleskines are little and black

Does that count?
I only really have one dedicated to girls. But that got to be a pain in the butt to organize. So now I use a rolodex!
What?
Don't give me that look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24