Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Delete

carter

I'll Lock Up
You might want to reconsider this.

shakeshead It is a violation of the policies of the FL to post live auctions. [bad]

It is also possible for you to edit/delete your post.
:whistling

retro50

Familiar Face
Zemke Fan said:
And, yes, live auction links are verboten.

Why? I would think that a link to a good hat source for Loungers, live auction or otherwise would be a good thing. After all, isn't that what it's all about?

Feraud

Bartender
retro50 said:
Why? I would think that a link to a good hat source for Loungers, live auction or otherwise would be a good thing. After all, isn't that what it's all about?
Nope. I don't want to compete with every other guy in a bidding war over hats. ;)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Retro, them's da' rules.

If every seller who hocks hats could run over to the FL and post "Look at this great listing" links, they'd all catch on an sign up and there'd be no end to it.

You and B. F. mean well, and are only guilty of being a little naive. It is nice, when you see a hat that you think another lounger might like to send him a PM with the link in it. That's OK.

I believe you can also - once a member here with sufficient posts - put a live link in the Classifieds section directing other Loungers to one of your own Ebay listings.

I'm not flaming you here, and I don't have the authority to 'play bartender' but since you seemed genuinely curious about the 'why' of it, I provided my take on the matter.

:)

univibe88

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
If every seller who hocks hats could run over to the FL and post "Look at this great listing" links, they'd all catch on an sign up and there'd be no end to it.

I've never thought of it that way. I had only considered the effects of creating bidding wars. However, I think the prevention of auction hawkers is a VERY good reason to disallow the practice.

carter

I'll Lock Up
B. F. Socaspi said:
I can't figure out how to delete it, my apologies.
B.F., When you click on the "edit" button [at the bottom of your post], one of the options at the lower right portion of the pop-up box is "delete". This allows you to delete a post.

retro50, For reasons enumerated by Univibe, Feraud, HPG, etc., it has been decided by MK that live auctions may not be posted. There are probably more reasons than these. MK makes the rules and we abide by them.

You are correct, there are most likely thousands of shoppers amongst us. Luckily, ebay, among others, has excellent search capabilities on their sites. HPG is correct, it is nice to PM other members if you locate an item they may be interested in. Lots of folks do this. That's one of the reasons that this is such a great forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy