Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Demon Hanover by Hoyt Hats.

gilligan

One of the Regulars
I wanted to pass along something very interesting to everyone concerning the Hoyt Demon Hanover Hat. Last week I contacted Harrison Hoyt's son, Harrison Hoyt Jr., just to let him know how much I admired his father and the amazing story behind the history of his hats and Demon Hanover. I left a message on his phone never really expecting to hear from him, but that was fine as I felt good letting him know how much his father and the story of Demon Hanover is admired by so many.
Tonight, a week later, I received a phone call from Harrison Hoyt and what a treat it was to talk to him. He was a very friendly man and told me how special his dad was and how they all loved Demon Hanover. He called Demon " A Very handsome horse" and he was very special to the whole family.
I was able to solve the mystery of the sweat bands as to why some were stamped Danbury Conn., and some were stamped Vermont. He told me that at the end of the Hoyt Hat years, his father had a hat company in Vermont produce the hats and they apparently stamped their address on those hats. These were the last of the production as fedoras were going out of style and his father was getting out of the hat business because the popularity was nearing it's end.
What an honor it was to talk to this man and find out a little history as well.

gilligan

One of the Regulars
wanted to pass along something very interesting to everyone concerning the Hoyt Demon Hanover Hat. Last week I contacted Harrison Hoyt's son, Harrison Hoyt Jr., just to let him know how much I admired his father and the amazing story behind the history of his hats and Demon Hanover. I left a message on his phone never really expecting to hear from him, but that was fine as I felt good letting him know how much his father and the story of Demon Hanover is admired by so many.
Tonight, a week later, I received a phone call from Harrison Hoyt and what a treat it was to talk to him. He was a very friendly man and told me how special his dad was and how they all loved Demon Hanover. He called Demon " A Very handsome horse" and he was very special to the whole family.
I was able to solve the mystery of the sweat bands as to why some were stamped Danbury Conn., and some were stamped Vermont. He told me that at the end of the Hoyt Hat years, his father had a hat company in Vermont produce the hats and they apparently stamped their address on those hats. These were the last of the production as fedoras were going out of style and his father was getting out of the hat business because the popularity was nearing it's end.
What an honor it was to talk to this man and find out a little history as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24