Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I bought this in a mall around 1989. Size 36, made in USA.
0 soaks
probably pushing a hundred washes in hot water and hot dryer
No Iro-Ochi
I like the "patina"
No slub
no tubing
No Tate-Ochi

IMG_2939.jpeg
IMG_2940.jpeg

HanauMan

Practically Family
IMG_3319 - Copy (2) by Al Sutherland, on Flickr

I took out my vintage Big E Levi's jacket again recently for an airing. I think it is a circa 1971 jacket as it has the red Big E label but also the small white care instructions label which came in, I believe, that year. It is marked size 44 but fits more like a size 42. Needless to say, it is probably my favorite jacket that I own.

kowalski

Practically Family
Hi all

I bought a long time ago jacket Levis 507xx big E (paper version tag ) exactly the same,
http://www.shop-ria.jp/product/316
every detail is the same, but there are no stemple ”0” or ”555”etc.. on revers button. There are clean inside. Jacket have big ”E”, big white card inside with silver thread (only vrite 1097), everything seems original but that detail. You have idea what does it mean? You can tell me more ? it repro ? original ? fake , made USA or Japan ?
thanks!
best regards

Attachments

• P1110663.JPG
    P1110663.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 154
  • P1110664.JPG
    P1110664.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 153
  • P1110666.JPG
    P1110666.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Hi all

I bought a long time ago jacket Levis 507xx big E (paper version tag ) exactly the same,
http://www.shop-ria.jp/product/316
every detail is the same, but there are no stemple ”0” or ”555”etc.. on revers button. There are clean inside. Jacket have big ”E”, big white card inside with silver thread (only vrite 1097), everything seems original but that detail. You have idea what does it mean? You can tell me more ? it repro ? original ? fake , made USA or Japan ?
thanks!
best regards

I think it's an official reproduction from Levi's LVC or at least Levi's base in the USA. I've never seen an original with that type of white tag inside of it. The vintage jackets did come with a white "!00% cotton, care instructions, etc" tag on the inside collar area, which were also made from a different material then what you find on your jacket. Those tags survive, over the years, sometimes and many times they gone or only remnants remain.

- Ian

Sonero

Practically Family
^^^ Yes, with Ciano, patience and persistence is a virtue. It's not due to not caring or avoiding, the guy is a master and gets distracted. You just need to be ready to put in some effort, but everything I've seen says it's worth it. He also posts on the http://selvedgestyle.com forums. Good luck.

Well patience and persistence is an understatement when dealing with ciano.

My 5 months wait was recently up for my $1,344 order. Two jackets and Three pairs of pants.

I had to open up a claim on Paypal because time was running out of my 180 paypal protection plan. In short he finally got the goods to me but with a few issues.

1. One pair of 15oz cotton canvas navy blue arrived size 32 *khaki. I am a size 44 by the way :) $100

2. One of my jackets $360 has the wrong color buttons, he didn't add 1" of length to it in the body how he was supposed to, he put ***copper colored rivets on the jacket which contrasts with the TIN colored ones he was supposed to put on. Even the black plastic buttons he put on in error clash with the copper rivets.

The jacket also has sloppy edging which shows white edging on the pockets against black fabric. It makes the jacket look poorly made.

I ordered 2 pairs of 23oz jeans and they came out great and one other jacket which came out nicely.

When I called him to check on my items he sounded aloof and not organized. My email responses from him were also flakey in that he wasn't sure what was going out to me.

He sounds like a guy running a small business. I respect that but he also needs to consider customer service. I put down good money on this guy and I feel I got burned. That shouldn't happen.

At one time he held one item ransom until I agreed to pay for shipping. I filed a claim with paypal and he sent the item finally, BUT the wrong item.

All in all I guess I can say for that price, and the 3 items, I got what it would have cost at an Iron Heart or somewhere like that. On the other hand I tried supporting a small business that didn't deserve it.

If you must buy from Ciano I recommend doing one item only and save your emails . You might need them later on.

I will post a picture tomorrow at some point. At the moment I am still very upset.

Yes. I have taken the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well patience and persistence is an understatement when dealing with ciano.

My 5 months wait was recently up for my $1,344 order. Two jackets and Three pairs of pants.

I had to open up a claim on Paypal because time was running out of my 180 paypal protection plan. In short he finally got the goods to me but with a few issues.

1. One pair of 15oz cotton canvas navy blue arrived size 32 *khaki. I am a size 44 by the way :) $100

2. One of my jackets $360 has the wrong color buttons, he didn't add 1" of length to it in the body how he was supposed to, he put ***copper colored rivets on the jacket which contrasts with the TIN colored ones he was supposed to put on. Even the black plastic buttons he put on in error clash with the copper rivets.

The jacket also has sloppy edging which shows white edging on the pockets against black fabric. It makes the jacket look poorly made.

I ordered 2 pairs of 23oz jeans and they came out great and one other jacket which came out nicely.

When I called him to check on my items he sounded aloof and not organized. My email responses from him were also flakey in that he wasn't sure what was going out to me.

He sounds like a guy running a small business. I respect that but he also needs to consider customer service. I put down good money on this guy and I feel I got burned. That shouldn't happen.

At one time he held one item ransom until I agreed to pay for shipping. I filed a claim with paypal and he sent the item finally, BUT the wrong item.

All in all I guess I can say for that price, and the 3 items, I got what it would have cost at an Iron Heart or somewhere like that. On the other hand I tried supporting a small business that didn't deserve it.

If you must buy from Ciano I recommend doing one item only and save your emails . You might need them later on.

I will post a picture tomorrow at some point. At the moment I am still very upset.

Yes. I have taken the necessary steps to remedy the situation.
Sonero,
I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience and I feel particularly bad because I recommended Ciano Farmer to you in the first place. I have been happy with the items I purchased from him and I am sorry to hear about the delays and mistakes that ruined your experience with him.
Happy New Year!

Sonero

Practically Family
Sonero,
I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience and I feel particularly bad because I recommended Ciano Farmer to you in the first place. I have been happy with the items I purchased from him and I am sorry to hear about the delays and mistakes that ruined your experience with him.
Happy New Year!
Thanks but it so isn't your fault. He makes good stuff but his business practices are anything but professional.
Hopefully the BBB will help me out.

I want him to take back the wrong item he sent me and replace the buttons he agreed to put on.
I want good vibes and totally believe in karma....bigtime.

Thank You for the recommendation !

Sonero

Practically Family
Here are a few pics :

The black denim jacket with copper rivets and black buttons, both of which I did not order, looks horrible. Button holes tough to push buttons through. Notice the white edging on the inside of lower pocket.

thumbnail_20180108_203836.jpg

He puts his leather label on the *inside of the jacket so it leaves weird looking stitching on the outside.

thumbnail_20180108_114141.jpg

My 32 inch waist pants in khaki that I did not order.

thumbnail_20180108_204016.jpg

Sonero

Practically Family
I called Paypal this morning and they told me that custom made items are NEVER covered by Paypal. So be aware when you order Bespoke goods that they will NOT be covered.

Ciano works with Paypal :)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ouch!
If you don’t get the goods, you don’t get the goods....what does it matter if it’s a custom order or not?

Thanks for the warning, I’ll avoid Ciano

Sonero

Practically Family
Ouch!
If you don’t get the goods, you don’t get the goods....what does it matter if it’s a custom order or not?

Thanks for the warning, I’ll avoid Ciano
Don't know, those are Paypal rules. I am currently working with the BBB. No response from Ciano after writing a polite email. He is being difficult.

Wow, sad to hear yet another small maker is falling into this trap. Makes me wonder just how hard this biz must be.
Hope you guys get settled and I do hope Ciano gets it together...

Sonero

Practically Family
Can someone please copy/paste my experience on the other selvedge forum listed ? I can't for the life of me register to post. The host website has been giving me trouble when I get to the final page.

* Thanks

Sonero

Practically Family
Just a quick update on the Ciano thing :

He did answer one email back and said someone else received my pants I ordered and that he would change the buttons on my jacket......then "poof" he disappears again. I tried calling him...answering machine then I tried at least 3 more emails...nothing.

The guy is a real PIA. I want my canvas pants that I paid $100 for then I never want to deal with this guy again.

This guy is so wrong in so many ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ