Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by AndrewC, Jul 10, 2015.

1. navetsea

navetsea My Mail is Forwarded Here

seems like it takes serious wear until it starts to get some fading, but when the fading is happening seems like it is losing color at faster rate, is it true with denim? from denim fading contests around the internet seems like it takes forever for the first sign of fading, but from then on, it mere take a month to the next level of fade, and few months to look pale all around. that scares me a bit.

2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I don’t think so but it probably also depends on the process. I’ve worn my IH more than any other jacket almost exclusively since I received it. I have no fear of it ever losing a significant amount of indigo (mind you I WILL NOT wash it, barring a serious flop/stain). If you regularly wash your jacket that will most certainly accelerate the process. Otherwise, it’s literally years and years and years to see much of any real fade. I’ve got some electric blues coming through but also have sections that look unworn!

navetsea and AlexB like this.
  3. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

My new Brave Star “Johnny Cash” black sherpa arrived today. My initial impression is quite positive, especially after the recent failure with the IH Storm Rider. Fit is comfortable but not too loose. It is fairly lightweight and yet seems pretty warm. I will post some pictures of it when I get a chance to shoot them. Meanwhile here is a catalog shot from the Brave Star webpage

BC1683AD-3986-4242-A417-17B2F66181FF.jpeg

4. Rosecitymike

Rosecitymike One of the Regulars

My Bravestar arrived today. This is literally right out of the box. Pretty damn happy with the jacket, especially for the price.
    8F9E1C5F-C064-4676-8026-92B200941347.jpeg

Jrolfe, Bushman, Monitor and 5 others like this.
  5. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Looks good man!
    I agree that Brave Star is delivering a well-made jacket for a reasonable price.

6. navetsea

looks great out of the box, how to keep the sherp liner from indigo when washing these, is it going to the dry cleaner?

7. steve u

steve u One of the Regulars

I had the perfect fitting Levi's trucker, cut off in motorcycle accident.
    Bought a very over sized one to replace. Sold to co-worker.
    Just got a 50L 71506 0214 Made In The USA..
    THIS should work...I hope
    steve

Trenchfriend likes this.
  8. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

I've been tempted for a while with ordering one of the wool/tweed type 1/2 denim style jackets from aliexpress...

The material looks pretty good and they come in around $100. Anyone bought one?

Attached Files:

navetsea, handymike, Fonzie and 2 others like this.
  9. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I soaked my 23oz SExIH 23oz type III, wanted to see if that would ratchet up the thickness at all. I think it did. Feels like 30oz now. Wore it on and off while it dried to hard set some creases.
    DCB89F67-83B7-484C-993B-21A830C8F622.jpeg

10. AlexB

AlexB One of the Regulars

Did it get significantly smaller? I though the overdying has removed all potential shrinkage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

No it didn’t. Maybe just a wee bit shorter in the body and sleeves has perma creases now but no change whatsoever to the width.

12. steve u

steve u One of the Regulars

Received this Levi's trucker 50L Style No 71506 0214 Made In The USA today...
    I'm happy with the fit.. image3 (10).jpeg
    steve

Monitor, navetsea, El Marro and 7 others like this.
  13. Denim lined Sherpa? Did the Wrangler factory get confused or is this a thing?

C86106F3-3881-4DB6-9F23-D88BF4DE4284.jpeg

D61503ED-F39B-43A8-BD64-DFAEAD61C06F.jpeg

810AFC16-A6A6-4C60-9D28-0886CBE6BDCF.jpeg

14. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

It's a nice idea!
    In Europe, teddy-fleece jackets are actually trendy and some youngsters wear them.

BobHufford likes this.
  15. konadog

konadog A-List Customer

Just picked up the Iron Heart IH-526PJ jacket from Self Edge in Los Angeles. With the LA weather being what it is, I think this jacket will see more wear than my Lewis Corsair.
    IH526PJ120719-3.jpg IH526PJ120719-4.jpg

16. navetsea

won't that leave blue stain everywhere on your shirt, and caught all dirty things on the outside, probably it will sell for fashion... obviously not for function.

AlexB and BobHufford like this.
  17. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Considering how much it'll be worn, I doubt it. It's a ridiculous idea to begin with, the sherpa will get stained immediately and I don't even want to imagine what that thing will look like once caught in rain. Or snow. Snow sticks to this synthetic fur like crazy.

But yeah, doubt it it'll ever see the light of day long enough to get stained. Like how every woman out there is still buying those horrible cross zips and don't get a single crease in the sleeves because they only wear the jacket over the shoulders.

navetsea likes this.
  18. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Just fo fun, the stonegrey skinny jeans. :D

Attached Files:

19. AlexB

AlexB One of the Regulars

Looks like a perfect fit! How do you like the new store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Jrolfe

Jrolfe One of the Regulars

1FE3A274-AA9F-443E-8E57-0A989122D3EC.jpeg It’s a 3sixteen kinda day.

handymike, barnabus, ton312 and 2 others like this.