Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Desparately seeking gangster style black charcoal fedora size 71/8

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
My man needs a lid can anyone help ....he has looked at lots but has his heart set on a black /charcoal fedora . he is an exact 7 1/8. looking for awider brim style....he has a black n grey 1930's pin stripe double breasted suit. just needs the hat .....we are in jolly england

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
The one you are wearing is what he wants...excuse my ignorance but what would you call it ?? We are going to a fancy dress nite out...and apart from that i dress vintage all the time and he wants to look proper with me on his arm....he got the bug...he loves the 1930's 40' look

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Akubra Federation in black. Great fedora

deluxe-black-large.jpg

Order this one from Ron at Hatsdirect...

http://www.hatsdirect.com/cgi/products.cgi?view=46&returncat=Fedora+Hats&returnpage=0

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Hi, Cheesecake, welcome to the lounge. If you want a classic looking fedora, I would suggest the Village Hat Shop's Bogart. They have it in black, navy blue and a gray color.

http://www.villagehatshop.com/fedoras.html

They used to have one with a smaller brim called the Cagney, but I don't see it anymore. Notice that the one they call the "gangster" is actually kind of a Godfather homburg.

I have their black Bogart and it is a very nice hat, can't beat the price, either.

karol

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Is anyone aware of a current make hat that is NOT just a darkish "anthracite" grey, NOT jet black, but a very dark charcoal grey that could pass for either color? I have a 1950s Royal Stetson in that shade and it's very versatile, but the hat itself is small and a bit beat. (7 1/2 LO and not looking for a new home, FWIW.)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Garrett, if you mean me, it's impossible to perceive a color that subtle in digi-pix or a verbal description. But Ccc should definitely try eBay for her fella.

J.S., I'll check out the Stylemaster - I've been jonesin' for one anyway.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Glad to hear that you found what you were looking for. After your event, please post some pictures so we can all see how things turned out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112