Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

detachable collar

bobmarco

New in Town
hey everyone

i just found a really great looking pea coat with a cool detachable fur collar. it was a perfect fit and really comfy! however it was over $800.. and that's kinda way over my budget.

i was just thinking of getting a detachable fur collar and maybe just adding it to the pea coat that i already own.

anybody know where to get detachable fur collars for mens coats?

thanks!

blethook

One of the Regulars
Aero charges an extra £20 for a fixed mouton collar, and £40 for a removable mouton collar, if you're adding it as an option when ordering a new jacket with them. Not sure the same applies (or even if they'd do it) if it's for a jacket that you buy elsewhere.

alfyman

One of the Regulars
fur collar

I was able to google fur collars and I found a lot of military Jackets that have detachable fur collars from Europe, I was able to buy one fur collar (but no jacket to attach that to, also I had a leather bomber jacket that I had with a small fur collar and I had it replaced with a Bigger fur collar, It came out awesome, but I sold the Jacket on ebay.

bobmarco

New in Town
alfyman said:
I was able to google fur collars and I found a lot of military Jackets that have detachable fur collars from Europe, I was able to buy one fur collar (but no jacket to attach that to, also I had a leather bomber jacket that I had with a small fur collar and I had it replaced with a Bigger fur collar, It came out awesome, but I sold the Jacket on ebay.

hey there alfyman!
where were you able to buy the fur collar? i can't seem to find any place to buy detachable fur collars for mens coats.

alfyman

One of the Regulars
bobmarco said:
hey there alfyman!
where were you able to buy the fur collar? i can't seem to find any place to buy detachable fur collars for mens coats.
Hi there, I was able to buy the collar from a Russian Military jacket website, But I don't remember exactly from where as it was years ago, But I had to steer away from US military jacket websites and look through More Eastern European Jackets, I was able to find a lot of jackets and accessories but this was Years ago..

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie Van Dyke at Insurrection in Seattle can fit a custom fur collar--rabbit, fox, whatever--to any jacket. She also works with faux furs and mouton! She's done a lot of cool collars on classic vintage biker jackets and also a lot of collars on customized Vanson rocker jackets. You might want to contact her.....

thsiao1

New in Town
+1 for Carrie Van Dyke and Insurrection. I recently purchased my Vanson Model B there and she was more than helpful over the phone as well as in person. I was quoted for a few repairs and her prices were very reasonable. Possibly the coolest vintage shop in Seattle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy