Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dickies tag

Bewareofthewolves

New in Town
Hi,

I posted this on another forum yesterday but haven’t had much joy in finding an exact answer.

Does anyone know what era this Dickies tag is from? I picked up a couple of plain shirts from a charity shop for £1 each and can’t find much information about this particular tag. I’m hoping they are genuine but at least I won’t have lost much if they turn out to be off.

I’ve included pictures of the main tag, care tag and stitching on the sleeves and hem.

Thanks,
Lee

31988709-29D4-4038-AAEE-E6991E723343.jpeg
62F6A699-AEBC-4119-AB3E-E982CF29D9C0.jpeg
276E452F-75DD-4F06-A90C-6766EA03A4AC.jpeg
E3E2E9A3-A86A-4134-B3FB-7DC1F5EF2C2A.jpeg
767165B3-15A9-408B-B2E4-E591FF7B07A8.jpeg
D2266499-A27A-402D-AB23-D6F27D76F80C.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
Fairly recent, I would guess. The cuts of many of their current models have been around since the 50s, but the cotton / poly mix here as best as I'm aware first arrived with the 874 workpant (and associated range) in 1967. My instinct is that your shirts are a fairly recently manufactured rendition of one of these long-running patterns. It looks very much like the current poly-cotton short-sleeve Oxford they do (no exterior logo, single, open-top chest pocket, button down collar).

Somebody round here must be able to identify when they've used the single-colour version of the logo in interior labelling... Are there any sales tags that are 'original' (as opposed to added by the charity shop)?

In any case, you got a bargain on these: normally I see them selling in the UK anywhere between £15 and £45....

Bewareofthewolves

New in Town
Fairly recent, I would guess. The cuts of many of their current models have been around since the 50s, but the cotton / poly mix here as best as I'm aware first arrived with the 874 workpant (and associated range) in 1967. My instinct is that your shirts are a fairly recently manufactured rendition of one of these long-running patterns. It looks very much like the current poly-cotton short-sleeve Oxford they do (no exterior logo, single, open-top chest pocket, button down collar).

Somebody round here must be able to identify when they've used the single-colour version of the logo in interior labelling... Are there any sales tags that are 'original' (as opposed to added by the charity shop)?

In any case, you got a bargain on these: normally I see them selling in the UK anywhere between £15 and £45....

Thanks for your input. There were no other sales tags, I’m afraid. I was looking into the wash label and there is no tumble dryer icon - that coupled with them been single stitch had me thinking that they may be late 80’s.

do you have any thoughts on that?

Edward

Bartender
Thanks for your input. There were no other sales tags, I’m afraid. I was looking into the wash label and there is no tumble dryer icon - that coupled with them been single stitch had me thinking that they may be late 80’s.

do you have any thoughts on that?

I hadn't thought of tumble dry as a thing- might be some indicator. TBh, I'm not much use with those - while I've grown up with clothes that have these symbols, I've never for the life of me been able to figure out what "you can't triangle these, but circle inside a square is okay" is supposed to mean....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points