Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Did I meet you today?

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
If someone wore a vintage Pilgrim fedora to the Hy-Vee grocery store in Boone, Iowa, I'm the dude who asked about it. A beautiful medium gray hat with a black ribbon.

Does anyone here remember this?

warbird

One Too Many
I have a vintage Pilgrim, it was my grandfather's. I don't wear it much though because it is a tad too short of a brim, just over 2"

However, I wasn't in Iowa yesterday.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Colby Jack said:
Dixon...I used to live on Ray Rd...It's a beautiful area!

Hi CJ. That is a great area - clean and fresh. I work at Ray & 48th in the Thistle complex. When I moved here 30yrs ago, that was all pristine desert. Do you remember the 'house of the future' that used to be on display out there somewhere? I visited that back about 1979 - I wonder what happened to it?

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon said:
Hi CJ. That is a great area - clean and fresh. I work at Ray & 48th in the Thistle complex. When I moved here 30yrs ago, that was all pristine desert. Do you remember the 'house of the future' that used to be on display out there somewhere? I visited that back about 1979 - I wonder what happened to it?

-dixon cannon

Interesting - I too lived on Ray road years ago - I remember not being able to leave for work because the herders were taking sheep right down the middle of the road (just west of chandler). Last time I was there I was totally lost!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I was there around 95-97...I lived by the park down the road from Target. I used to work for an ad agency in Mesa...and was also there for the "big UFO sighting"!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Man...now I've got an urge to drive an RV across the desert!:D
and now to get this thread back on track....
IC...will I be seeing you and the family at Olustee in February?...and will we see Mike Moore?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Man...now I've got an urge to drive an RV across the desert!:D
and now to get this thread back on track....
IC...will I be seeing you and the family at Olustee in February?...and will we see Mike Moore?
Uh, yes and I don't know.:rolleyes: :D

animator

One of the Regulars
Boone is a great place! Both my mother and father are from there. I used to visit all of my grandparents almost every weekend in Boone when I was young.

I haven't been there in years, but I hope to get back, soon. I'll be wearing a hat when I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko