Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

discounted CXL bison calling my name

schitzo

Suspended
not sure how old this is, but I just noticed it now and thought it might interest some of you lot

http://www.alexanderleathers.com/alexander-leathers-special

Personally, after what I've read on these pages I am finding this promotion difficult to look past, especially as I've an order or two in the offing.

Even better though, would be if the bastards could hurry up and run one of these on their goatskin. I've waged an, albeit tentative, one man campaign on FB to achieve just that in recent months, alas my efforts thus far have borne no fruit. Perhaps if enough of us could get a clamour going..

Plumbline

One Too Many
I like goatskin ... My AN6552 is very nice seal brown Aero goatskin .... it has NONE of the character of the mighty Bison. This leather just gets better the more it's worn ( I have a Detroit in it)

At that sort of discount it's a great buy .... but it is SERIOUSLY grainy and wears with wrinkles and creases like nothing else.

Must post some pics of it with some months on its clock. :D

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I've waged an, albeit tentative, one man campaign on FB to achieve just that in recent months, alas my efforts thus far have borne no fruit. Perhaps if enough of us could get a clamour going..

I just liked their page. You aren't joking....:lol

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a bit confusing, though, isn't it? If you click on a jacket, and the on the kinds of leather available, you see that there's a surcharge of 50 to 75 pounds, depending on the leather you want. So, does the 20% discount come off after they've added the 50 pound charge for the bison?

schitzo

Suspended
It's a bit confusing, though, isn't it? If you click on a jacket, and the on the kinds of leather available, you see that there's a surcharge of 50 to 75 pounds, depending on the leather you want. So, does the 20% discount come off after they've added the 50 pound charge for the bison?

Is bison a thick / stiff leather?

I assume it's £550 - 20% i.e. £440, which I'd say is a very fair price

My understanding is it's thick but not at all stiff. I suggest you can check out some of PL's threads/contributions for more precise info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass