Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Distressed Akubra

Harry Gooch

One of the Regulars
Here's my Cattleman. Just the way I like it.

akubracattleman.jpg

Nice lid, FMV. What colour is it? Sand? Bran?

Cheers,

Harry.

hubbit

New in Town
That sounds a bit bizarre, i live about 10 miles as the crow flies from where that series is filmed, and my hats take years to get beat-up ACTUALLY working on a farm...i think the set-dressers might be involved somehow!

dr greg, if I may ask, what is the hat you're wearing in your avatar? It looks really nice.

fmw

One Too Many
Nice lid, FMV. What colour is it? Sand? Bran?

Cheers,

Harry.

I don't know, Harry. I bought it on Ebay for less than $30 and it turned out to be brand new with the tags, box and everything. I didn't look at the tags so I don't know the color. I just call it brown. I've only worn it a half dozen times myself. It's a very practical lie and nice looking.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
There is worn and there is "abused."
I have become quite an Akubra fan and they take normal wear far too well to abuse them.

Get a run of the mill American cowboy hat. It will fall apart quickly enough with a little sun and rain.
Been there, done that and paid for every cent.

Sam

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
That sounds a bit bizarre, i live about 10 miles as the crow flies from where that series is filmed, and my hats take years to get beat-up ACTUALLY working on a farm...i think the set-dressers might be involved somehow!
I think you are on to something there dr greg. :) Here's my newest Bushman which has been worn in ALL kinds of weather over the past 2 1/2 years now, worn out to the stables where I have my horse, knocked off my head by horses, blown off across a pasture etc. I don't mistreat my hats on purpose but I don't baby 'em either and from my experience with my Akubra's ( I now have 8) you'd have to REALLY beat the hell out of 'em for MANY years to get 'em as worn as some you see in OZ. They are the last true "... fan the fire, water the horse" hat still made.

Bushman1-1.jpg

Bushman1.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24