Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Yeah mine too. I can get curls like that with mid-sized velcro rollers, but i would have to keep them in for at least three or four hours from dry and then shellac my hair with lacquer to stop 'em dropping, (which kind of defeats the object of bouncy, springy waves like hers). Even then they would only look nice for half an hour.

Lets hope she was just walking to her car and her hair drooped by the time she got there.

Has anyone ever seen a picture of her looking a teeny bit rough? I haven't. It's sickening!!

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
She must have got some very secret setting lotion formula. Or maybe she´s got a veeeeeeery old lady hidden in her closet that once, back in the 40s, was a popular hairstylist.
I always love the look of her hair, no matter what length or style. It´s so perfect and classy.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Has anyone ever seen a picture of her looking a teeny bit rough? I haven't. It's sickening!!

Just her no make-up pictures, but she still looks darling.

ever-wondered-how-dita-von-teese-looks-without-her-glam-make-up-3.png

tumblr_l2j82faBhk1qa1iiqo1_400.png

ditamakeupfree.png

Or maybe she´s got a veeeeeeery old lady hidden in her closet that once, back in the 40s, was a popular hairstylist.

My theory is that she cryogenically froze Sydney Guilaroff in 1997.

Last edited:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Gah!! Foiled again! She must have a gnarly old picture in the attic! (And an old lady hairdresser in the back of the wardrobe like Katinka said)!! She's a doll even without her face on!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I think Lizzie's right, she must have a body wave, and some hella good styling aides. If I go out in 30°C weather, my hair falls into a straight, frizzy mess, and I wonder why I bothered curling it.

Juliet

A-List Customer
Is it just me or does this photo look like a bit of a photoshop disaster. Like her shoulders were shifted over to the left but not her head or hip. It may be the way the dress is draped, but your breast shouldn't line up with your chin that way. Beautiful, but a bit odd at the same time.

Actually, a dancer has no problem to stand that way. Although, I admit, it does look strange at a first glance.
I can't wait for the perfume either. That bottle is beyond great.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I think Lizzie's right, she must have a body wave, and some hella good styling aides. If I go out in 30°C weather, my hair falls into a straight, frizzy mess, and I wonder why I bothered curling it.

She must have got some very secret setting lotion formula. Or maybe she´s got a veeeeeeery old lady hidden in her closet that once, back in the 40s, was a popular hairstylist.
I always love the look of her hair, no matter what length or style. It´s so perfect and classy.

I agree with both of these. Her hair must be naturally straight, and she has a body wave. Either that or her hair's naturally slightly wavy and holds curl well. My hair is naturally wavy and it holds curl insanely well, and I never have issues with my curls falling out, even in humidity... although I will get frizz, which Dita never seems to have.

Since her hair's naturally blonde, she must color it (or have it colored) quite often to keep it so jet black and to keep roots at bay. Also with all the styling for shows and such, I wonder how on earth her hair always looks so healthy and shiny. I need to know what shampoo & conditioner she's using. I don't think it is just pomade, I'm thinking intense conditioners.

Lastly, I wonder what on earth she uses for setting lotion. I'm going to keel over if I read a twitter post from her saying she just uses plain ol' purple Lottabody. lol

Last edited:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Being that her hair is so dark, it will and can be made to appear ultra shiny, my hair is a shade lighter than hers and i have to say it's only saving grace is that it is very shiny.

I bet she uses Kerastase or Fekkai or the like, plus lots of expensive salon conditioning treatments. I must find out now!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
How sweet Fortworthgal, what's his name? We have a black kitten called Miss Daphne, who is also ultra shiny.
I read somewhere her mum is a hairdresser and collaborated on her haircare range with her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy