Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Will they be eye-wateringly expensive do you think? Or will a mere mortal like me be able to afford one? I can't wait to see them though, i bet they will be amazing!!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Oooh thanks for that! I can't wait to see her full collection - I'm sure it will be fabulous!

Me either! All the fun will be in looking at it, since I probably won't make it to Australia anytime soon and even if I did, I'm sure I couldn't afford anything.

Australian size 20 is a US 18. I'm more than happy to go to DJ's & take sneaky pics of the dresses & report on the cost of the dresses.

A recon would be very enjoyable :D

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Being that her hair is so dark, it will and can be made to appear ultra shiny, my hair is a shade lighter than hers and i have to say it's only saving grace is that it is very shiny.

I bet she uses Kerastase or Fekkai or the like, plus lots of expensive salon conditioning treatments. I must find out now!

Miss Sofia & Paul

Did says she gets sent bottles of expensive shampoos & conditioners but none of them beat pantene! She also likes Aveda and Bumble & Bumble products. She has slightly naturally wavy hair and she uses various black dyes to colour her hair :Revlon High Dimension 10 Minute Colour in "Bright Black" or Garnier Nutresse hair colour in "Black Licorice"or Garnier Lumia hair colour in "Black Iris". She says she does her roots once a week. She does them herself.

Personally I find that a drop of Frizz Ease on wet hair gives me a mirror-like shine to my hair - that gets many comliments. I have dyed black hair but I'm growing it out in favour of a more natural black-brown.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab

Apparently this is one of the worst shampoos you can use as it coats your hair in silicone. I used to use it and I have pin straight hair and it became so full of static - awful. I ended up using one of those shampoos that clears all residue from your hair to get rid of the build-up - now I only use Kerastase (I have a very sensitive and sometimes dry scalp and it's the biz) and have no more static issues!

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
I've heard this but I have never had a problem with it- quite the opposite. My hair seems to work well with silicones such as pantene and frizz ease (Morroccan oil is another prodcut which has a tonne of silicones) so I guess it depends on your hair- BUT my skin hates it- I can't use silicone based face primers as they cause me painful cystic acne :(

Sylvanrealm

New in Town
I had to laugh at that, it's a bit of a non-sequitur lol Rich people, eh?

I can't imagine doing my roots once a week.

The chemicals in most hair dyes (unless the all-natural type) are quite bad for your system since they seep in through the skin. I couldn't imagine dyeing my hair that often, for any reason. :(

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Apparently this is one of the worst shampoos you can use as it coats your hair in silicone. I used to use it and I have pin straight hair and it became so full of static - awful. I ended up using one of those shampoos that clears all residue from your hair to get rid of the build-up - now I only use Kerastase (I have a very sensitive and sometimes dry scalp and it's the biz) and have no more static issues!

My hairdresser told me the same thing very firmly!! It will in the short term make your hair look great.

Kerastase is amazing, i always pinch my sisters when she visits, he he, as she always swears by it.

I use a Neutrogena shampoo and conditioner, which also get rid of residue, which is needed with my limp-ish, fine hair. I do treat myself to an Aveda hair mask once a week as they smell amazing, and aside from Kerastase are really the best i have tried. I highly recommend Aveda, as a little goes a long way, so good value.

I would imagine Dita would have to do her roots every week, as she is a natural blonde, when i was platinum, i had to do mine every ten days without fail!

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
I would imagine Dita would have to do her roots every week, as she is a natural blonde, when i was platinum, i had to do mine every ten days without fail!

Funnily enough I saw a photo shoot with her the other day with distinctly visible blonde roots- oops! Also I never realised how big her shoulders were in comparrison to her hips, suffice to say it was not a good photoshoot- but then she is allowed an off-day.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I've heard this but I have never had a problem with it- quite the opposite. My hair seems to work well with silicones such as pantene and frizz ease (Morroccan oil is another prodcut which has a tonne of silicones) so I guess it depends on your hair- BUT my skin hates it- I can't use silicone based face primers as they cause me painful cystic acne :(

You just described me to a T! My hair is extremely thick, coarse, wavy & tends to be dry, and it absolutely loves 'cones. My face, however, typically cannot abide them. One day of Smashbox Photo Finish and I'm broken out for a week. So annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy