Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I was watching the video for Royal Crown Revue's Zip Gun Bop (I adore this band), and who do you think I saw?

ZipGunBopVideo.jpg

She's such a doll. There are some other gorgeous girls in the video too!

adouglasmhor

Familiar Face
I want sparkly shears!!!

One of the first things you learn when working with period costumes and corsetry, is in case someone passes out or can't breathe, don't bother trying to unlace, just cut the laces, because they can easily be replaced, a garment or person on the other hand, not so easy to replace.

My OH fainted while in a corset then fainted again and got one of the loops caught on a door handle. I only managed to loosen it the second time while she was still out of it.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I like classic libraries but that one hasn't got the leather chesterfield sofa of my dreams. So I deign to let Dita keep it. ;)

The silver bedroom is amazing but I can hear my black kitten salivating over the chance of getting into that much shimmery, delicate, metallic fabric. I do love that '40s vanity she has, though. I love Deco/Hollywood Regency mirrors with an undying passion.

The kitchen... do you think those light floor tiles are pale shell pink or just getting reflection off those cabinets?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Do you mean you don't?! *faints*

It's funny, I really really love that pic with the curtains and the chair... but I don't love the other shot of the bedroom. That one's a little too much for me. I think its the bed. I love the wallpaper and the chandelier, though.

I also really am enamoured of gray (or silver) and yellow together. But I think I would have chosen either the pink accents OR the yellow. Just one and then maybe a rich yummy charcoal or even black instead of the other.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Do you mean you don't?! *faints*

Perfect combination of "It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die" and high heels. ;)

I just screamed down the phone at my boyfriend: "HIGH. HEELED. BUNNY. SLIPPERS." What does he say? "Sounds uncomfortable." :rolleyes:

It's funny, I really really love that pic with the curtains and the chair... but I don't love the other shot of the bedroom. That one's a little too much for me. I think its the bed. I love the wallpaper and the chandelier, though.

I also really am enamoured of gray (or silver) and yellow together. But I think I would have chosen either the pink accents OR the yellow. Just one and then maybe a rich yummy charcoal or even black instead of the other.

I quite like the colour combinations, but I wouldn't have the first clue how to put them together myself. The silk bedspread is a bit much for me, though - I prefer cotton.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
For the record, I would wear the fanged version. :D

The kitchen is absolutely inspiring but I am tempted to do a jadite version.

A collage of her rooms I found someplace The silver is nice too, especially that cute little chair (does it have a built in champagne bucket?!) and tufted pouffe, but the kitchen seems oddly attainable in a lot of homes. If you have the guts.

I love her kitchen, although I personally wouldn't do have that much pink. I remember pics from her last house that she has the Northstar reproduction-vintage appliances. Gorgeous, but not cheap! We looked at them when we redid our kitchen last summer, but ended up going with other brands.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Retro Renovation had a green-themed kitchen not long ago (I am a fiend for green) and I really want the baby of Dita's kitchen and this one. I do love Dita's checkerboard floors and the arched-door cabinets.

My husband would absolutely have me committed if I did a kitchen as jade as Dita's is pink, though. I would do a black and white floor and white counters and backsplashes though! That's neutral, right? ;)

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Black & white are totally neutral! Do it! Plus you can accent it with so many other colors, the possibilities are endless.

Our kitchen has white tile floors & backsplash, white cabinets with black pulls, black appliances, dark red painted walls & cabinet casings, & dark granite slab counters with red flecks. We use a lot of red accents, and with the black & white it doesn't look harsh at all. I want to do a black & white checkerboard floor, though. I know marble & granite (installed by our home's previous owners) are the bane of most vintage-ite's existence... but I have to admit, they are nice.

I love that home you posted, her living area looks so cozy! I like the TV on top of the old steamer trunk idea. We use old steamer trunks in our living area instead of end tables. I like the vintage/eclectic look, and they're perfect for storing throws & blankets.

Last edited:

Viola

Call Me a Cab
We have a blanket chest instead of a coffee table. In a little apartment there's no such thing as too much storage.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
More of Dita's kitchen - I'm really surprised she doesn't have the Northstar microwave & matching dishwasher panel in pink!

t0697o.jpg

I believe this was from her last house:
15nu0k6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner