Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do A2 repro brands put their own label anywhere? RMC / eastman / Rainbow Country etc

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
I noticed all repro A2 have Roughwear. But do they ever put their own branding anywhere? I ask because how would you know in future who manufactured it?

I picked up a Rainbow Country and it is beautiful. The leather, the stitching, the fit. But how would anyone know it is Rainbow country vs Real McCoys.

Do Eastman and RMC put their name on A2?
On the RMC peacoat the brand tag is hidden in the pocket.

Jwr99no.jpg

7hWLKu4.jpg

Edward

Bartender
In my experience, it's standard practice for A2 reproducers to put a small label with their own details on inside one of the pockets, typically underneath the flap or the pocket edge. I'd check round there to see if Rainbow Country follow suit.

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
I will report back as Rainbow seems so rare and don't even have a website or IG.

In my experience, it's standard practice for A2 reproducers to put a small label with their own details on inside one of the pockets, typically underneath the flap or the pocket edge. I'd check round there to see if Rainbow Country follow suit.

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
The size tag location is correct on left pocket. In that pocket there is a tag "California Mfg Co." And upon further research it seems that is the brand Rainbow Country is using for the jacket line, and Rainbow country is the corporate entity. Interesting...

Excerpt from long quote below.
Because of that, I named this leather brand "California Mfg. Co." which feels like an old American style company. In other words, Rainbow Country is the company name, while California Mfg. Co. is the brand name.

20230606_110519.jpg
20230606_110501.jpg

"The company was founded in 1998, in Chiba prefecture and used to work with many specialty Japanese brands to sew leather jackets to the highest levels.

Back in the days, I was working for a very famous Japanese heritage company as a Specialty Planner for leather garments. I was able to study deeply the leather work, and traveled to the best tanneries in England, Italy, New Zealand and USA.

Five years later, I stopped working for this heritage brand and was hired by the former company (it wasn't named Rainbow Country back then).
When hired, they basically gave me the reins of the leather department, and I named the company Rainbow Country, for one simple reason: I want my customers to feel like kids watching a Rainbow; only happy and satisfied.

I then went to the famous horsehide tanner Shinki Hikaku in Hyogo prefecture every year and went to the finishing factory in Tokyo every week to study and check every aspect of leather tanning.

Since then I have made many styles of leather jackets in our own factory, using only Japanese leather, Japanese bespoke parts, Japanese cotton thread, etc. We usually study old American military, motorcycle, and sports jackets . They have very interesting details and they are both challenging and fun to reproduce. In terms of leather, we usually work with horsehide, it has a lot of potential for making old style leather jackets.

Because of that, I named this leather brand "California Mfg. Co." which feels like an old American style company. In other words, Rainbow Country is the company name, while California Mfg. Co. is the brand name.

But everybody knows us under the name Rainbow Country."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points