Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do clamping pant hangers cause stretching?

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
Clamping pant hangers- is there any risk of these causing pants to stretch over time? The thought of hanging pants upside down and getting extremely straight, wrinkle-free looks is very, very appealing! But would gravity have a deleterious effect over time and cause lengthening/stretching? Have you experienced this at all? Thanks!

DanielPetmr

New in Town
Clamping pant hangers- is there any risk of these causing pants to stretch over time? The thought of hanging pants upside down and getting extremely straight, wrinkle-free looks is very, very appealing! But would gravity have a deleterious effect over time and cause lengthening/stretching? Have you experienced this at all? Thanks!
Is there a "better" way to store your trousers?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been hanging my pants (both dress wools and denim) with various clamping hangers for about 50 years. Have not detected any negative effects at all. On my dress wools/suit pants they do not rid the pants of wrinkles in the crotch but if you buy a hand steamer and steam out the wrinkles after each wearing before hanging the pants if will save you ironing them AND the less you iron wool pants the longer they last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner