Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you ever try to guide how creases should form on your jacket?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No......don't care about creases & like Peacoat I find driving (& riding in my case) a great way to break a jacket in :)

But then I obsess about many other issues jacket related.

Drax

New in Town
I use the "Wear it, Sit on it, Sleep in it, Roll it up & use it as a pillow, Kick it about/massage it with my feet whilst I'm watching TV" sort of approach.

From my experience I've found that the creases usually find themselves.:)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I'm a bit precious about actual damages to the leather, but otherwise, I don't think about creases - let them fall where they may with wear, that's what makes it my jacket...

Exactly. Like denim, the wear and patina pattern you build into your jacket is your unique stamp on the leather. Just wear it and let it be.

Edward

Bartender
I've instructed my cats that if they so much as look at my Aero they'll be residing in the alley and hoping for the occasional mouse.

Ha.... Mine have, fortunately, been good about my leather jackets. One of the little monsters sicked up a furball on the sleeve of my Irvin, though, and it lifted a chunk of the surface finish....

Speaking of creases, and this may sound stupid, but I don't like those + shaped ones that some jackets get, though... Can't seem to figure how what's causing them but it definitely has something to do with the type of leather.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
wow, furball might be acidic, make sense... our short hair cats rarely do furball luckily.

Where is the possible area for this "+" creases to be forming, is it from folding or affected by nearby seams or stitches?

Edward

Bartender
wow, furball might be acidic, make sense... our short hair cats rarely do furball luckily.

Where is the possible area for this "+" creases to be forming, is it from folding or affected by nearby seams or stitches?

Yeah, rarely happen with the tabby, she just casts everywhere. Her sister doesn't cast much, but as a result does furball every so often.... I don't think it was anything particularly acidic in it, more that by the time I found it (it was out of season and I had the jcket sitting around. Cats do love to sit on a sheepskin jacket) it was well dried in, and I maybe didn't soak it enough to wipe off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner